How will the SIP amount for future purchases of registered mutual funds be deducted through Coin-Direct?

If I start a monthly SIP then do we have to add money to the Zerodha cash account once a alert is generated for subsequent purchases or the amount is directly deducted from my registered bank account like an e-mandate or registered biller?

1 Like

No, there is no need for a mandate from the bank. In fact SIP on Coin is super simple. Money goes directly from your trading account. You can manage SIP as well without any additional paperwork - like increase/decrease SIP, stop, pause SIP etc. I’d suggest you watch the webinar we had on COIN yesterday - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9vmUe0fVdw

2 Likes

thanks Karthik…

went through the youtube video… this is exactly the kind of product i was looking for…

will be definitely recommending zerodha to my friends

Thanks Karthik for the update. I have watched the webinar, after which my understanding is that for future SIP payments, I will have to every month top up the trading account, because I generally do not maintain free cash balance in my trading account. So a pop up or alert will be generated before the date of payment or we need to keep a track of it?

Btw Coin is an amazing concept, I always wanted something like it because broker commissions significantly reduce the returns over longer period of time.

Glad you liked it!

By the way, if you are thinking of recommending your friends to Zerodha, then please do make use of the Referral program that we run, can be a great source of additional income for you. Check this - and this

Yes, you need to ensure you have money in your trading account on the day of the SIP.

Good luck and happy investing :slight_smile:

hii same question will we get an alert before the SIP date for upcoming SIP through mail

You will get an email on the day of the SIP.

1 Like

For a person with 5 mutual fund SIP in regular plan to shift in direct plan would be charged 50 per month from next month as most of the mutual fund initial investment value is Rs 5000 i.e to migrate in direct plan invest 5000*5= 25000 this month and then from next month SIP will start with 50 per month as coin charges

so zerodha to mention how much years this cost charge would be kept same

Even then it will be cheaper for you to transact with Coin, I think if Coin doubles the charges in future to 100 per month, with a 25000 per month SIPs you will still save more than 75% of your regular fund costs. The higher your total amount per month higher are your cost savings.

1 Like

Hi,
Iam planing to invest in MF via Coin.Have few queries:

1. Whats the difference between direct MF & Regular MF offered by Coin platform

2)Lets say if i start investing in MF via coin and i plan to chose liquid schemes for that particular fund house, later say after 6 months or so is it possible to gradually shift some of my funds at parked under liquid schemes to equity fund under that particular fund house (this if i find that market is doing exceptionally well).

I have subscribed to SIP via zerodha interface (coin). I want to know whether it will be deducted from my account directly or I need to pay every month. If there is any article available for the same please point me to the same.

@siva
i have applied for S&P 500 fund though NFO on coin, when will be the money deducted from my zerodha account ?

@Bhuvan Can you.

On 23rd when the NFO closes, make sure you maintain sufficient balance.

1 Like

Ok cool, thanks @siva and @Bhuvan

@Bhuvan

Money got deducted from kite and i think it would be better if there is notification from the kite app that money is deducted. How much will it take to process ?

Regards

I saw the webinar.very helpful. Still questions regarding editing the installment amount. Is it possible to edit the installment amount on the day of the month when I have to deposit the money for sip as I want to change the installment every month depending on the NAV of the fund on that particular day.