How would i came to know that i am eligible to pay tax or not

i am a teacher and part time stock market trader and my monthly income from tution is 5000 and i m trading in stocks with capital 2 lakh which is not totally mine but borrowed some of it from others then

how would i came to know or how can i calculate whether i am eligible for tax paying or not ,if yes then how to calculate that how much tax should i have to pay

1 Like

Generally, the tax on income crystallizes only on completion of the previous year. However, for ease of collection and regularity of flow of funds to the Government for its various activities, the Income-tax Act has laid down the provisions for payment of taxes in advance during the year of earning itself. It is called as ‘pay as you earn’ concept. Taxes may also be collected on your behalf during the previous year itself through TDS and TCS mode. If at the time of filing of return you find that you have some balance tax to be paid after taking into account the credit of your advance tax, TDS & TCS, the shortfall is to be deposited as Self Assessment Tax.

The rates of Income-tax and corporate taxes are available in the Finance Act passed by the Parliament every year. You can also check your tax liability by using the free online tax calculator available at www.incometaxindia.gov.in

1 Like

Do have a look at this to know all about Markets & taxation - http://zerodha.com/varsity/module/markets-and-taxation/

1 Like