HUGE MARGIN INCREASE by Zerodha in 1 DAY

I checked again now and found that all major brokers are charging half the margin than Zerodha, even in Ban period. So, I am not happy with this changes. The exchange also seems to not made this double… So, my stand remains the same like yesterday.

So now guess who needs to double check…

1 Like

I agree with you my friend now. What to do! Hope someone in Zerodha really takes care of these things as this is very scary for retail investors.

Someone in zerodha really takes care…??lol. R u kidding…all they take care of is justifying their own negligence…

1 Like

Man, feeling disappointed as no official is replying since 2 days. I request the team at Zerodha to please reply regarding the situation. Thanks.

Thank for supporting Mr.Bless.
I found that margin got further increased from 118000 to 13700 for 1 lot. What’s going on here?
I am not talking out of the blue. I am only talking after checking other brokers with whom I have an account with.

Zerodha Team, please get back to us:

Andhrabank Futures 1 lot margin comparison:

Zerodha: Rs.1,37,000
FinvAsia: Rs.37,975 (also there is 0 brokerage). I have account with them since few years.
Upstox: Rs.76,150 (I have account with them also since a long time - same brokerage like Zerodha)
Fyers: Rs.1,13,000 (same brokerage like Zerodha)

My dear Zerodha, please comment.
Thanks.

Again Margin requirement has risen to 1,40,000.
Why in 2 days the cost of 1 lot margin requirements rose from 79000 to 1,40,000 ?

Thank you my friend for sharing this.
I am not disagreeing with you. I am comparing with finvasia, upstox, fyers.
Samco must be charging huge but they are not famous like Zerodha. Zerodha has max customers in terms of discount brokers. I am comparing with most famous discount brokers.

and as Zerodha is very famous, they should be able to match the margin of other brokers who are also almost equally famous. They are charging much less.

unless you trade , you dont really know how much margin they charge…
samco shows yesterdays margin and todays margin…

as i said earlier for positional trades , brokers are not setting the margins .

I tell you my problem.
I have a position in Finvasia, and only 37000 mnargin is used for MIS. For carry forward 79000.
I also have a position in Zerodha. I am paying 85000 for MIS and for carry forward 1,40,500.

Even if the stock is in BAN, it does not matter for people who have positions before it was in BAN. to carry positions to the next day, I had to put additional 90000 into the account. Whereas my position for the same BAN period stock is intact in Fivasia. No margin requirements were increased.

That’s all I wanted to say.

if that is the case then there is some serious problem with Finvasia…
and i am 100% sure we cant trade in f&o ban stocks in MIS

In MIS intraday trading, nothing is banned from trading as stock should be squared off same day. Intraday Trading in banned Future scrips is totally allowed.i think you are a bit confused.you may read one of my comment for this.What is FNO ban?

Zerodha don’t allow this, Can check this.

I know yes…but the discussion is not about zerodha and it’s rules I suppose …but trading in general…and therefore intraday trading in banned f&o is still possible till date… irrespective of whether zerodha allows it or not @siva

I want you to go through this new circular which came in to effect from this expiry, margins are dynamic and change accordingly with open interest along with volatility.
We charge as per exchange prescribes, not more or less, if some other brokers are not following that then we don’t have anything to comment about, if still you have any more doubts please ping me your ID privately, I can arrange a call back to explain you in detail.

2 Likes

Dude…these days we traders have lots of options and it is wise of you to having opened trading account with other brokers as well or else you would have never know the differences in this case…just compare and choose the one which fits your situation and needs the best … afterall both trading and broking is all business and always exercise your options and eliminate the rest which doesn’t suit your needs or situations…

Yes, buddy. I have trading accounts from Upstox, Finvasia, Wisdomcapital, Zerodha, Fyers, etc.
Have been using Finvasia since 3 years now and that too with 0 brokerage. Not even a single issue like this happened.
I still like KITE of Zerodha very much as there is no doubt that Zerodha platform is very good and easy to use.
I love using Zerodha. The only problem is that I mentioned about the margin changes to 140000. more than double in 2 days time. This is not acceptable.