I am a CFA level 2 candidate, as a newbie with only theoretical knowledge of investing, What would be the best approach to start trading?

Oh sir great that you are a CFA level candidate but whether it makes difference , i does not think so , i am IIT delhi pass out , but whether it make difference , answer is no , but what education makes difference is that you learn more earlier than others, theoies does not work my friend unless you get them practical, but some advice from me: 1: stock markets look like complicate but are nothing if you understand them, 2: never run behind markets, suppose you want to buy something and prices run away, you will get the same price some later day , always remember that, 3: when there is always a vertical rise , there will always be a vertical fall and vise verca, e:g: modi rally starts from 6000 , you will get that price again one day ( remember me on that day), never trust blue channel anchors and analyst, all sucked up, when everyone becomes bullish , thats the time to get out of market and when everone becomes bearish , thats the time to make killing in the market and one last thing which is my opinion , do not watch charts, charts will always kill you, do not buy or sell stock futures or stock options, always remain in indexes. Best of luck for trading and investment, people always says trading is complicated, it depends upon you to make killing or complicate it, think out of box , do not run with crowd, watch fiis deravative data everyday, they are father of market, unlees they are bullish, arrer bhai mutual fund walle duum laagga le, index ko uppar nahhe lekar jja saktte, unless fiis will not buy, i never buy the argument that mutual fund money can run the market , bullshit , markets always run on fundamentals and earnings, unless there are earnings and market running away that is always suckers rally and bubble, always take one point that earning in india will never exceed 5 to 6%, all talk about 19 or 20% earnings are nothing but talk of great great intelligent analystt minds like rakesh junjunwala 120000 on nifty in 10 year , people gotget that india is a complex nation , great nation whivh is not able to pass gst for 12 years , great nation with a difference of 300 basis point in RBI repo rate and SBI base rate, great nation where savings and fds always beat all works returns, may be that is the readon china central bank invest for first time in indian debt markets

1 Like

READ THIS BOOK How I Made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market by Nicolas Darvas.

1 Like

Kindly go through this http://zerodha.com/varsity/. It has the answers for all questions related to the markets.

1 Like