I checked 2FA TOTP

Enable 2Factor TOTP in place of PIN for added security. Use apps like Google® Authenticator, Microsoft® Authenticator, or Authy on your mobile phone to generate 6 digit TOTPs for every login

What if people don’t want to install any authenticator because that involves third party company and not necessarily want to rely on them.

So is there any option to send OTP to registered KYC mobile no. like CDSL sends? I don’t think so …in such case it is my suggestion to add such option @ShubhS9 @Bhuvan @siva

1 Like

I checked with my tech team and the reason is as below.

TOTP is a cryptographic 2FA system, far stronger than SMS. Can’t compare both. Since TOTP is a standard spec, there are a number of apps that can be used including free and open source ones.

https://freeotp.github.io/ Example

Yes but any authenticator app will involve third party and they all make you feel safe …until they are exposed …in short …there is no option to use sms instead this authenticator?

You mean google you can’t trust?

No I don’t …not at all. If you are trying to be sarcastic …read their term and conditions about privacy and tracking etc.

1 Like

In that way yes as everyone uses their appstore, their gmail,hangouts, maps giving out our live locations etc and many more from them.

My question is …is there any way to use sms ?if not take it as my suggestion to implement it.

not everyone. one would have to be nuts to use anything they want to be confidential on a online android or iphone.

but you mentioned freeotp, is it possible to use oathtool and gnupg2 for totp?

It should be possible to use those as well as the support page mentions that the key/secret can be copied (which seems to enough to use those as per this tutorial) -

JRXHWBBO_xpwznLY

1 Like

Thanks!![quote=“Prayag, post:9, topic:93887”]
It should be possible to use those as well as the support page mentions that the key/secret can be copied (which seems to enough to use those as per this tutorial) -
[/quote]

Thanks!!

Without enabling the TOTP, Can I place the order through by Call & Trade ?