I hate the look on people when

With no offence to anyone… Indians (doesnt matter you know them or not) are always too free to intrefere in someone’s business.
It’s not all limited to only share maket, they even interfere in your personal life by asking what do you eat, why are you nonvegetarian, when will you get married you are now 30, you are 30 still studying , having affair/girlfriend is not an indian culture, or they will start preaching about religion bla bla…
Im very touchy if someone try to freak me out by asking these type of shity questions…
Sometimes I too get into this type of situation by but I end up by humiliating them (generally female don’t ask this type of question) badly by saying, I earn 1.5 lac per month and for that neither I need to slag my a** on chair 9 to 5, nor need to lick boss’s a**. I’m my own boss.
I have been in many countries of Europe, Asia and in America, no one ever asked me such questions. It happens only in Indian sub-continent where random people want to know every possible thing about you.
I’m damn sure the follwing story is inspired by Indian society system.
images
So don’t worry… Problem is in them, Not in you. Try to ignore them as much as you can. Basically they couldn’t have achieved anything worthy, so try to belittle your work, efforts and achievements.
In this case you can say “our business is our business, none of your business”.
Don’t forget the quote from Gita “karm hi pooja he” (work is worship).
One more thing, if you feel bad when people talk about your business, means you are in wrong business.

6 Likes

I don’t feel bad but I feel to change their minds which well ain’t possible I guess.

And that story you shared is super.

I am still new to trading, and I am the only one in my entire “khandaan” (family) who is doing this. That builds more pressure TBH.

I thinking of doing some meditation or yoga instead of strength training in morning, because am I feeling our mind has to be more strong than our body in our type of business.

lol epic :slight_smile:

Just got another relative saying this. There is no scope in share marketing… How much will you earn… Do something else… Blah blah blah…

Sometimes I ask myself if I have chosen a wrong career?

Find out by punching orders even in small and see ur growth monitoring ur trades, then decide right or wrong

1 Like

Lol :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Should I laugh too… Bcoz I don’t feel like.
Just need to add to his sentence…
“punching orders with calculated risk”

1 Like

This definitely motivates u

2 Likes

You are right dear.

1 Like

If you make at least 5-6% per month with your capital than you are in right track else do hard work join Trading classes, if not than do something else as " It’s NOT EVERY ONE CUP OF TEA "
:slight_smile:

1 Like

This is just my 2nd month in trading.

First month was a loss. Big one. 75% capital wiped. This month, so far I am doing good with consistent profit although small. Big ones, like really big ones, missed because of fear of losing. Who would not fear after 75% loss.

I know the journey ahead is huge. I am consistently learning new techniques, understanding things, trying to control my emotions, asking doubts here on this forum. There are lots of things to work on. I am just trying not to overload myself. Taking it step by step, with the flow.

I hope I am on right track in regards to my approach.

2 Likes

As long as you have clarity and control on what you are doing and able to grasp things and adjust according to situations I think you are on the right track slowly but surely… :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Dovah i feel u should gain lot of knowledge and join a broking firm and do trading there for their clients using ur quota of allocated capital. Or do analyst job their and do part time trading.

People who write here are experts in the field. We cannot compare and take for granted their Honda city car stories. To reach that level requires lot of hard work and luck.

Never believed in luck although I keep saying I always have bad luck :stuck_out_tongue:
The people who reached that level were also like me when they started. I know it takes time, effort and whatnot and neither I am looking for overnight success.

Job is not my cup of tea.
Thank you.

Well,you know there is one more side to this. Unfortunately, that one is also as bad as the one you are talking about, if not more.
There are two types of people around us. One who think that there is no scope in stock market, as you pointed out.
And there are also other kinds of people, who think that stock market is a get rich quick scheme. They believe that everyone working in stock market must be a millionaire or billionaire. These people perceive that, if you are working in stock market, you should multiply your money by at least five times in a year. Many of my friends and relatives, when I started trading, expected that I am going to earn lakhs of rupees in my first month of trading. They kept asking me how many lakhs, I have made, and how do I tell them how much I have made, when I am down 50% from where I started. That’s also as embarrassing situation as the one you are talking about. What’s more bad is my friends expecting me to give them lavish treats and pay all the bills, since they perceive that I am making lakhs of money every day.

2 Likes

Exactly. Just family for me instead of friends.

1 Like

You just have to ignore them. I am afraid to say that this is the world we have to live in. You will meet a lot of such people in your life. You can’t just shut all of them. The best way to deal with them is to ignore them and keep on going with your trading life.

1 Like

Don’t know how old are you, what do you do for bread and butter, how much you earn. In Indian system, family cares us and they expect us to care them as well. Sometimes (sorry most of the time) their care turns out as unneccessary worries, fear, obstacles, interference which is not limited to money perspectives only but they are right from their point of view. Now it on you how you convince them (if you are old enough, earn well then no need to convince).
For say bcoz of my parents I couldn’t learn (till 25 yrs) swimming, bike riding, car driving as they fear I might die while the children younger than me (15-25 yr old) were good at in those things. I felt bad but couldn’t do anything as I was dependent on parents. As I become independent financially, I learnt all things by myself and I had no need to take permission.
So if you earn enough to take care your self and your family, you can do what ever you want with your money.
So in short, We got only one life, which is too little to please everyone, so do the things which makes you happy, feel good but it shouldn’t affect other’s quality of life.

4 Likes

Off topic -

My family hold some shares in insane amount of quantity but they have 0 idea of what is what. To them, insurance is a way of making money which is the BASIC thing taught by all insurance lemon sellers.

PS: Shares got by company gifts. Old dealers.

But dad and mom never told anything when I left college. In fact they don’t know about academic competition, salary stuff. To us, opening a tea stall will give you 10k per month which is a basic business skill 101.

As long as I know how to value money and not starving, they are fine.

PS: Wife’s dad is suspicious. I hope it is not the case of everyone lol. He knows about shares but buying a share from a click of a computer is very very fishy…

You see lol.

PPS: This “hate on look” is mainly due to the city of indore. 90% people I know headbangs and throws the phone down if the guy is called from Indore lol.

4 Likes

Indore :rofl::rofl: