I have been trading with Sharekhan for over 2 years, why should I open an account with Zerodha?

I have been with Sharekhan for over 2 years, why should I switch to Zerodha? Is Zerodha safe?

Here is why you should switch to Zerodha.

1. We offer platforms like Kite, PI, which are the most technologically advanced stock broker in the industry.

2. We are among the most profitable retail brokerages and we have no debt/loan as a business, as well as no leverage on the books (did u know most US banks work at 20x leverage? which means if they are worth 1000 crores- they have lent twenty times. If 5% of the people default, they might get into trouble). We have won multiple awards, the latest being ET startup of the year. Zerodha is also part of the prestigious committee for growing capital markets in India, CII/Exchanges.

3. Unique tools and initiatives to help you stay profitable when trading. opentrade lets you track winning traders, smallcase helps you buy and sell ideas which are a lot easier than buying/selling stocks, Q/Quant where you can look at your own trading history and see visualizations that help you improve as a trader. Also Varsity, which is probably among the top 2 or 3 most popular stock market education initiative in the world.

We charge 0 for investing with us and Rs 20 flat for all F&O trades. You might wonder how we work at such low cost, this is an economy of scale business model, we are currently the most popular stock broking website in India (check on alexa), we are listed among the top 40 investing websites in the world (check similarweb), even charging so little we are among the most profitable retail brokers in India.
Since we keep our operations completely online, don’t advertise, and have just one rule for all our 170000+ clients which makes supporting very efficient, we enjoy extremely high margins as a business.

It is also important to note that by keeping your costs low, you will improve the odds of making money when trading significantly. Imagine if you are paying Rs 50/lot for options when trading with sharekhan, and if you are trading even 10 lots once a week, you would have spent 54000 (54 weeks x Rs 1000 per week) just in brokerage by end of the year. With Zerodha, you can buy and sell the same amount (10 lots of options) with just Rs 10,000 in your account."

2 Likes

you can compare brokers here…you can check which broker is good by comparing there performance over the years…