I understand you don’t have a way to get the cost of acquisition for shares transferred in, but wouldn’t it be possible to use the allotment price for IPO shares?

When I get shares allocated via IPO, the cost is assumed to be ‘NIL’ while computing P&L on Kite. Probably the same would happen for off-market share transfers into Zerodha, though I have not done that yet. I understand you don’t have a way to get the cost of acquisition for shares transferred in, but wouldn’t that be possible for IPO allotted shares to use IPO allotment price?

When stocks hit our Demat account through transfer from another Demat or through IPO, we will not know what is the price at which it was acquired (IPO we could, but share transfer we will not have any idea at which price trade was executed). We are probably the only brokers who give you an option for you to mention this price manually so we can show correct P&L and holding price.

Go to holdings in Q, our reporting tool, and click on the discrepant quantity next to the particular holding you have transferred/bought using IPO. Mention the price here. From the next day onwards, this price will be used to calculate all P&L and holding price not just on Q but also on Kite.

1 Like

Nitin,
I got all my shares transferred today and I can see it in my Kite account as well a Q.
However when I try to add a buying price against the the discrepant quantity, q is throwing an error that says “Invalid Quantity”.

This used to work before. Not anymore.
I have been asked to wait for new back end to be ready to enter the price for rights issue. This is 5 months ago. Constant follow-up have not helped.

This should work unless ISIN/Symbol is entered wrong. Can you email [email protected] with your client ID

I have emailed [email protected].

For your reference my client id is PA3679. I had brought to Zerodha’s notice on Apr2, 2017. There were multiple phone calls and emails in between which got me no where. Some of the ticket ids are 428865, 365148. Here is the last email that I got from Zerodha on June 1

"Thank you for writing to us.

As we are currently moving the data to our new back office and building the new features in CRUX it is taking time. We will have this updated soon and keep you informed. We appreciate your patience and co operation in this regards."

@nithin Half of the entries that I made into the backend correctly show up the Average price and the other half dont.

I have cross check the ISINs and they seems to match.
I have been told by support to wait for the new backend. But how does your old backend recognize half of my entries is beyond me.

In the current system any entry made by you for discrepant quantity gets hard coded. In the new one, you will be able to edit. Every time you edit, it will go back in time and adjust the P&L’s and everything else. Whatever is entered in the old Q will continue to be stored unless you edit them.

@nithin . Thanks .
I will rephrase the question. My question was not about my ability to edit the discrepant holdings.

Lets say I made 10 entries into the discrepant holdings section. Out of those 10 , Kite is showing the average price for only 5 and for the rest the avg price is labelled as ‘N/A’

From my portfolio an example is ICICI Prudential and ICICI Bank.
I have entered both of them into the discrepant holdings section. However Kite only shows the avg price for ICICI Prudential (so Kite is able to calculate the P/L) while it does NOT show the average price of ICICI Bank. (Kite is unable to calculate P/L).

can you email with your client id to [email protected] and share the link to this thread on the email.

We have updated the discrepant values in your Holdings, so request you to check now.

Thanks. I can see the avg price now.