I want to understand GANN'"s work but find it difficult to understand it in the first place. Pls guide and suggest some good readings to understand him better

W.D.Gann is the father of swing trading concept.
He imagined the entire universe
as geometry. The simplest fact is earth takes 365 days to revolve around the sun. It
travels in a particular path without any deviation since millions of years. This is
why we are in a position to predict the summer, winter, and spring seasons. Think
in a different way. If this practical and authentic formula of the universe would
have not been placed in consistence geometry then you must not be in a position to
predict the future seasonal changes.
W.D.Gann has said that the price of the commodity or the financial instrument is a
number and each number in this universe is associated with other numbers
through some geometrical relation. He arranges the natural numbers 1, 2, 3…In
different geometrical figures circle, triangle, and rectangle and found the common
geometrical relations. Based on this relation we can predict the future price and
time in an authentic way.
This is the one way of forecasting the future price of a
stock or commodity however I do not offer any guarantee of success.

Check out the below article to understand square of 9 technique discovered by Gann. This is a very popular method among intraday traders owing to its accuracy in equities as well as commodities.

1 Like

Amit, I can suggest you an ebook on this subject. The name of the ebook is "The Definitive Guide to Forecasting Using W.D. Gann’s Square of Nine and it’s written by Patrick Mikula. You can download the ebook from our GANN Calculator page here.

1 Like

Put the CMP of the instrument in the blue cell. This sheet calculates the values based on the theory of Gann square of 9.

Here is a link to the calculator - Gann Square of 9 Calculator - Unofficed

You don’t need to understand the inner mechanisms deeply when there is javascript and python. If you want to dig more, You will find couple videos there.