If i buy a stock in CNC and sell it on the same day. Only intraday charges will be applied on that stcok?

If i buy a stock in CNC (delivery) and sell it on the same day (intraday). Only intraday charges will be applied on that stock?

or Its not valid to sell delivery stocks in intraday. Will there be penalty if i buy a stock in delivery and sell it on the same day?

1 Like

Hi,

If you are a Zerodha client, You guess is right.

YES, If you buy CNC ( delivery ) and sell the shares the same day only intraday brokerage charges apply,

Also, If you buy CNC ( delivery ) and sell the next day only intraday brokerage charges apply,

BUT, If you buy CNC ( delivery ) and sell the third day then CNC Delivery brokerage charges apply.

And, no penalty for selling your shares on the same day.

HAPPY TRADING

10 Likes

Mark the answer as resolved if satisfied.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for ur prompt answer. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Happy trading

Thanks a lot…!!

Please Explain the charges. If i purchase #sunpharma shares @ Rs 300.00 * 20 Nos = Rs 6000.00, I sold on same day @310.00 * 20 = Rs 6200.00 charges how much they deducted all charges

CORRECTED.

After Zero Brokerage on delivery trade became effective, BTST trades are now Zero Brokerage.

" If you buy CNC ( delivery ) and sell the next day, Brokerage is Free,"

1 Like

• Same day: Speculative(?), and hence considered business income
  • BTST and T+2 deliveries: STCG
    Is my understanding of the taxation correct?

Thank you for the immediate clarification

can i sell today in cnc and buy tomorrow in zerodha.

No, unless you have that stock in holdings.

1 Like

What are the charges if i buy and sell same dat?

Charges for Intraday are 0.03% or Rs. 20 per order, whichever is lower of the two. For more you can use Brokerage Calculator.

Clear enough, Thanks.

Please explain in this scenario

If I buy 1 lot of AdaniPorts Jul Futures @520 and Sell it @530 in CNC (Delivery)
A. Same day
B. BTST

How much Funds am I required to have in my account for this transaction? Anf What would I have to pay?

1 Like

Doesn’t matter if you do Intraday or Carry Forward your position, brokerage is the same for trading Futures.

You can check margin requirements here.
And you can calculate brokerage here (use F&O Futures calculator).

If I buy 20 shares in the morning and sell only 10 shares on same day and carry over the remaining shares for delivery, how will the charges be calculated in this case for buy and sell side?

The 10 shares that were part of intraday trade will be charged based on this. ^ And the brokerage for first buy order will be calculated based on the 20 qty buy.

The 10 shares which was bought will be settled for delivery.

1 Like

Thanks Pai, What charges will be applicable for the first Buy of 20 qty? Intraday brokerage or delivery brokerage?