If I converted my position from CNC to MIS

If I converted my position from CNC to MIS on the same day of buying shares and later on squared off before closing market then am I being charged for DP charges?

1 Like

This is Intraday trade, there are no DP Charges for Intraday.

@ShubhS9, can you please elaborate further more on applicable charges other than DP charges.
This would be really helpful as the Zerodha brokerage calculator provides a breakup of charges from pure CNC / MIS trades’ perspective, however, the breakup of charges is not clear if change in positions as mentioned in original post above.

Also, are these charges vary if partial conversion of position from CNC to MIS.

Thanks in advance.

See, if you buy in CNC and convert it to MIS and then square-off, it is Intraday trade and charges will be accordingly, which you can calculate here here. There are no charges for converting your position from CNC to MIS.

Also, if you buy using CNC and sell on the same day, even then it is considered as Intraday trade and charged accordingly.

In this case, suppose you have bought 10 shares using CNC and convert 5 to MIS and square-off and take remaining 5 for delivery then Intraday charges will be on 5 shares which you converted and squared-off while 5 will be considered as delivery trade.

I have a similar question. Suppose I have some shares as holdings, and I saw a good opportunity on a particular day to sell them. so I sold them. On the same day, I saw market going down and share price decreasing by a good percentage, and I convert the CNC to MIS and buy back the quantity I sold earlier (basically having same amount of shares again in my holdings). In this case what will be the brokerage and will I be charged DP charges, STT, GST etc. on the first trade i.e. when I sold my holdings? Can someone answer?

Intraday charges would apply.

Since you are buying and selling on the same day. It shall be considered as intraday irrespective of CNC or MIS and hence intraday charges shall be applied.