I'm glad that Zerodha is financially strong in a challenging environment. But why the change in minimum brokerage?

Hi Nithin,
If I place a Limit Order to buy 199 shares of company “A” which trades at 1000. However, the market continuously moves and my order gets fills in small chunks like 50, 100, 35, 19. Is in this case still maximum brokerage of Rs 20 get charged?

“Unlike equity delivery trades which bring no risk on the table as the customer puts in 100% of money upfront, intraday trades also bring in risk on the table. When clients have taken positions using leverage if the stock falls more than the margin that is provided, the risk shifts to the brokerage firm. In essence, it is almost like an insurance business…”
I am sorry, this argument sounds flawed. Reducing margins to the customer, not only reduce your risk but also risk to your customer. Give 1000 x margin and charge high brokerages is just profit marking not risk mitigation argument.

It doesn’t sound logical as I am sure, there will be the cost of modifying and canceling orders.
And even if the size of the trade is big enough, the size of the order would never get big enough, it gets optimal execution.

Right.

What you are trying to convey here?

Hmm… our leverages are the least in the industry. You as a client has an option to use it or not, or even do any intraday trading at all in the first place. I had written this post yesterday on why brokerages need to earn enough on every leveraged trade to cover for the risk the business brings in, do check it out.

1 Like

Same with me too… That small change has huge impact on small retail traders… So many friends are looking for other platform

1 Like

@nithin @siva @Bhuvan Why is Currency brokerage calculator showing brokerage as 40?

because it shows the brokerage for both sides, i.e., buy and sell. 20 for buy + 20 for sell = 40 overall brokerage

1 Like

40 is 20 for buy and 20 for sell. Remove the number in either the buy/sell box to see brokerage for just one trade.

1 Like

Last 20days I was paid 15000rs due to increase brokerage rate. Small investor very difficult to get profit.

1 Like

If you’re scalping or heavy intraday trading, then I’d suggest you to consider unlimited plan. I’m currently trading with Finvasia on zero brokerage basis and save much.

you mean for stocks, options , commodities for intraday no brokerage? only exchange fees ,STT etc . No GST as no brokerage?

Yes zero brokerage for all segments, so no GST on brokerage. Although there are other charges with include GST. Rest, STT, SEBI fees etc stands.

how much are other charges…annual?

Thanks. I checked their twitter fed . Indeed no brokerage except stt,echange fees GST on them + stamp duty. but there are many complaints from many customers about scalper app freezing etc. you trade via Nest or their scalping desktop app? how long you are with finvasia?also a/c opening not paperless like zerodha & looks like taking long time. Any idea on kotak 999₹ fes intraday free comission ? 10-20 trades a day small lot say 100-200 shares ona ₹400 rs stock for 1-2 $ each time (where 0.03% is more tha ₹20 on side)means Iam spending ₹400-800 on commission +GST in gst . where 50% of my profit goes in charges.

why did zerodha increased brokergae from 0.01% to 0.03%
it will very costly to small traders with smllaer qty , who wants to learn
will it be reduced back to 0.01% in future ???
pllz answer???

Answered here

No AMC charge. But if you want to enable Bracket order, then 99/month

Yes I heard it, I mostly use NEST (desktop) so no problem. I’ve been using for maybe two years, I lost the count, used NOW and BEST platform earlier but moved to NEST. My a/c was opened paperless, later I register poa paper via courier.

Kotak 999 is not a one time but annually, plus there’s AMC attached to it. Otherwise it’s good, can’t tell much since I mostly use Finvasia

Does nest work fine for you there or you also use scalpert.