Income Tax Notice

When the Income Tax Department starts processing the ITR - system-generated intimation & notices are issued.

To check if you got one, search for the following in your inbox:

• Sender’s Name : CPC i.e. Central Processing Centre

• Sender’s Email : [email protected]

• Subject of Email : Either of the following:
    -Intimation u/s 143(1) for PAN BCFxxxxx8D AY:2019-20
    -Communication u/s 143(1)(a) for PAN BCFxxxxx8D AY:2019-20
    -Communication u/s 139(9) for PAN BCFxxxxx8D AY:2019-20

• Password to open : PAN in lower case and the date of birth in ddmmyyyy format. Eg: aagpr1212a02101980 for PAN: AAGPR1212A and DOB: 02/10/1980

• Due Date for Response
    -143(1)(a) : within 30 days from the date of issue of notice
    -139(9): within 15 days from the date of issue of notice

Don’t panic, We at Quicko will help you :slight_smile:

6 Likes

What response for 144(1) from our side?

1 Like

Hi @Vinay_S,

Notice u/s 144(1) is issued in the following cases:

1. When ITR is not filed within due date by a taxpayer
  2. When a taxpayer fails to provide a response to an inquiry of AO (Assessing Officer) for filed ITR,
  3. When a taxpayer fails to provide a response to assessment notice for filing ITR.

Here, AO can assess the total income or loss of a taxpayer based on the information gathered by them. AO usually gives the taxpayer an opportunity to present their case and provide necessary documents. Hence response to 144(1) can be given after looking at the cause of notice and with supporting documents.

Hope this helps! You can connect with us here at Quicko.

2 Likes

Im very sorry it was 143(1)

143(1) is not a Notice but a communication received from the Income Tax Department(ITD). Once the assessee files the Income Tax Return, the ITD does a preliminary assessment. This includes:

• Verifying arithmetical errors
  • Any incorrect claim in the return,
  • Difference in Tax Calculation,
  • Verification of tax payment

The letter basically matches the calculations in the Income Tax Return filed with the calculations computed by the Income Tax Department.

You can refer to this article for details: Understand Intimation u/s 143(1) and actions to be taken.

You can Upload your Income Tax Notice here and Quicko will help you respond to it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got an email from the ITD with subject line - “You have a Refund for A.Y. 2021-22” an hour ago. But when I checked my bank statement the amount was not reflected.
How long does it take for the ITD to transfer the refund amount after the intimation email has been sent ?

Give it a few weeks.

The email only means that the IT Department has figured out that you have a refund. It will take some time before the money actually hits your bank account.

I think this payment happens in batches, given the large volumes. So when the batch of payment instructions containing your money is processed, you will get it.

2 Likes