Index F&O (Nifty and Bank nifty) from 3.30 pm to 11.55 pm from Oct 1st, What do you think?

Will you trade Nifty and Bank nifty F&O if they were to start trading post 3.30 pm from October 1st?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

What do you think about this move for you as a F&O trader?

• Good
  • Bad

0 voters

2 Likes

@nithin Risk of overnight carrying of F&O position will be less because of better price discovery in our mkt by factoring in the US Mkt move till 11.55 pm.

4 Likes

same here … Risk of overnight carrying of F&O position will be less because of better price discovery in our mkt by factoring in the US Mkt move till 11.55 pm

1 Like

What about our personal lives? Imagine if we are sitting and trading every evening/night. Traders family lives is going to be ruined. And as a trader, you can’t even just say I won’t trade if Nifty/Banknifty is trading actively in the night.

Maybe be good for exchanges as they will generate more business, not good for retail traders.

1 Like

I see contradictory policy moves here.

1. SEBI trying to restrict retail participation in FNO
  2. SEBI allowing longer hours for trading – This requires lot of retail participation otherwise for most part of the day volume will be very low for anybody to trade. HFTs no way.

Exchanges make most of their money from institutions and HFTs while brokers make money from retail traders. Govt is not happy that institutions are avoiding taxes by trading in overseas exchanges. Therefore Exchanges and Govt are trying to bring more institutions/HFTs to onshore. This requires more retail participation (not less) to take the “dump” side of the trade.

As usual policy paralysis I presume

1 Like

yes , sure and also good for Borkers

Your points are absolutely right , problem is because of tax evading Foreign Investors & traders , ultimately this system will fail

Question is why the taxes and charges are high?

Just look at the cost of currency trades with Indian exchanges and overseas forex brokers? The volumes and foreign traders/investors will come automatically if the taxes/charges are cut.

“The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws.” - Tacitus

1 Like

Thing is that , foreigners are reluctant to pay taxes , even if it is less , in many cases, ex : Vodafone.
So every foreigner wants to sell to Indians ,not to buy from or to pay .

I am against this step. 9:15-3:30 is more than enough, no need drag trading to late night. I want to have a life, do not want to sit in front of a screen analyzing data till 11:55 pm.

2 Likes

it is not compulsory to sit till 12 am. many trader finished trades by 10 am !! you can sit till 3.30 and go for family.
Forex traders are not bots !!

1 Like

When was the exchange or the regulator were in doing things favorable to retail investors/traders?

1. they want revenue.
  2. satisfy FII, big fish requirements.
    3.pretend they are saving retail segment.

yes
good but i am thing about how chart will look like if they don’t get enough liquidity

This was a much needed move and finally its will be implemented. Of course its nice to have the markets open till midnight simply because it will provide more opportunities. It will be nice for the traders who are looking for intraday swings like a 4 hr or 8 hr trade which is massive R/R wise.

Also foreign institutions will be very eager to trade in Indian markets as we all know. This will bring in additional volume, liquidity, volatility etc. Which are lifeblood for a trader and these parameters going up is what any trader wants.

Besides trading all day or in any portion of the day is completely a trader’s choice. No one is forcing anyone to sit in front of the computer all day and night. Its a traders choice according to his/her lifestyle.

Another things is also apparent that this will be merry time for them automations. Lol. Whole day it can trade and it won’t get tired. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

No stock fno, only index fno may be, pplz who want to trade late night have comodity account any way, stock fno will gert beaten hard .

Yeah man this one thing freaks me out. Why are the taxes so high. Come on. STT ?? What the…

Atleast they can reduce it somewhat so a “sane” amount. I don’t think it will hurt anyone or make the exchanges any less money or whatever man. But this taxes should really come down, atleast they could make a tax slab for like active day traders will get 30% tax discount or whatever, etc. :grinning:

1 Like

Indian market sud not act as global market,if it wil act like one then it cant compete with world markets and forex markets ,pplz will prefer those market ,obviously like facebook over orkut haha, and high charges by brokers for longer period of time ,participation will decrease gradually and fail lol. THEN NSE TURNOVER WILL BECOME LIKE BSE.

Why not ?

Where do you even get such theories from ? Indian markets may very well be on par with other exchanges in the near future who knows. Technological advancements knows no bounds.

And spot forex is decentralized markets so no one exchange has domination over it. Its all over the world like cloud. Of course you could argue that US exchanges like CME has high voume in its forex futures product. And NSE have recently introduced a handful of currencies too. So it may take sometime before the NSE currency market also becomes rich in liquidity and volume.

A decade or two ago no one would imagine that a retail trader could trade from home like he does today. And now even a retailer can go HFT if he wishes.

1 Like

Family courts are going to have more workload after October … want to ask if there will be some break in between to cook and eat lunch and dinner ? Social life too will go for a toss

1 Like

I think this extension in trading hrs wud bring in additional traders from overseas.They will start moving our market with new perspective. Curious to see this effect!

I believe this wud bring out new perspective of at least medium-termness on derivatives in retail traders instead of short-termness prevailing right now with eagerness to close the position before market close at 3:30pm.

The negative effect of this on retail traders is exaggerated & biased. Similar hungama was made way back when 24hrs TV channels started beaming…

Only afsos is that it will dilute the uniqueness of diwali mahurat trading during evening time!

1 Like