Infosys buyback tender form

Extremely late to the party…but since the tender form isn’t issued yet …I guess my research is still relevant

My opinion on Infosys entitlement ratio:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-nE3V16zPk8Z3IwZ2s5NnA5dFk

I think and hope you are right. But retail investor category for whom there’s a reserved buyback quota defines retail investor as shareholding under 2 lakh according to MARKET VALUE right?

Yes, that’s correct.

Hi all

Can someone clear my doubt about tendering of infosy shares on buyback?

Suppose one had 100 shares on the record date of 1st nov 2017. Now 50 shares are sold. In the tender form how many shares will be shown eligibe for tendering? As per record date 100 but actual in Demat 50.

it should be 100

Entitlement ratio for shareholders below 2 lakhs is 28%.

1 Like

Could you please share the source for this information? Are the tender forms out yet?

Check out the Infosys Buyback file released by BSE. Section 23

1 Like

Thanks bro. Will check it out

Yeahh…28.39%!!!

Received the tender form today. As mentioned above, the radio is 28%. Let’s say i assume that acceptance ratio will be around 50% and i sell the rest of the 50% shares tomorrow at market rate. Am i violating any rules? Would i still be entitled for the same number of shares?

Did you get the mail from Infosys?

Yup. Got it…

You can do that. You are NOT violating any rules.

I have got email from infosys to tender the share for buy back . Bought before 1st Nov, I have 60 shares and 17 is entitled for buyback. can i sell remaining share to market before buy back proceed ?

Thanks. I would still be entitled to the same number of shares right?

Yes, you are right.

Entitlement ratio is as per record date, you should be eligible for ~28 shares as Entitlement ratio is 28.5 percent,
you are eligible to re buyback share to make it 100 again

I have asked my broker… i had 100 shares. Sold 50. In the tender form recorded is 100 and 28 eligible for buyback. Even in this scenario if i teder 50, 28 is guaranteed for buyback and rest depends on other factors. I neednt buy 50 again for tendering.

Yes, You are Right.