International Investing

Since I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA when Zerodha will come out with an international Investing Option what other platform can be used to get access to US Stocks/ETFs

Can check mutual funds or ETFs meanwhile which target US stocks.

I do it using INDmoney app

Platforms like Vested & Stockal exist and banks like HDFC and Kotak allow it.
Disclaimer: I have no first-hand experience.

1 Like

thanks @themanishshaw @siva8 @mbg I Did check out IND Money, which seemed the only viable option for Direct Investing in US Stocks/ETFs, Platforms like Vested seemed rather expensive and Similar are the charges for HDFC.
For Now might go for Mirae Asset Fang or S&P TOP50 ETFs.
@nithin plans for allowing Zerodha Customers to Invest internationally?
@VishalJain any plans to bring out international ETFs anytime soon?

1 Like

I believe it has a lot of regulatory issues eg. the shares are not with the DP but with the broker.
Anything in the grey area Zerodha doesn’t offer as a service AFAIK

The transactions and conversion rates put the investors at a disadv of 2-3% immediately don’t you think? Is it worth investing?

Also the tax implications and other RBI forex rules that one has to follow. I think its too much additional work for the broker and wouldn’t come without a big fee which most Indian retailers won’t like to pay

1 Like

No issues dear. Well, where are you from, in bengal?

Hey Chetan, as for the AMC, our plans in the immediate few quarters are to launch various building blocks on the Indian market. Post that we would review the need and consider products linked to the International markets… Thanks

1 Like

@VishalJain Looking forward to Your work in this department :laughing:
@Krishnakumar Yeah exactly i agree with your POV that until and unless u have such capital and such expectations that u can outperform all these costs it won’t make sense to diversify into international markets with small capital
@themanishshaw I don’t think that this forum is for sharing that information and I don’t wanna get flagged or anything.

No issues dear. I belong to the same state that’s why asked.