Introducing BSE index derivative contracts on Kite

62200 also has just 6000 in OI.
I feel it will take at least 6 month from here even to have decent liquidity.

1 Like

Right. Both client-wise and member level OI limits aren’t applicable for contracts expiring on that day.

1 Like

Made a small contribution to OI. Letting it expire worthless. :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

The turnover corresponds to PREMIUM TURNOVER for 278341 contracts traded right ?

If yes then its great because FINNIFTY for example on 27-12-22
Contracts traded 104 millionPremium Turnover around 8000 Cr

If else correct me please.

Can any one please confirm.
@nithin @ShubhS9 @Jason_Castelino @viswaram

This screenshot you have shared is the contract turnover on BSE options, not premium turnover. The premium turnover will be less than 1% of the contract turnover. So ~Rs 120 crores I guess.

3 Likes

@ShubhS9
dear shubam

my queries might sound weird, but plz answer (im a novice trader) . its better to ask than being confused. just answer yes or no. and explanation when required.
Query 1.could you please elaborate more on the said margin requirement. As you have explained and wrote in your post that the settlement type is European
is it similar to bank nifty/nifty/finnifty options.?
and i understand if i buy sensex option i should have the premium amount in my account. and margin req. will arise only if i short(sell ) any option?

Query2. for sensex lot are 114 ( 114*10=1140 max quantity). does zerodha has nudge enabled on this as well. so that we can see the liquidity?

Query3. if i buy a strike price say on monday (as it allows only current week expiry) and i let it expire. what would be the settlement (is it similar to bank nifty and nifty) unless im in short position?

Query4. do i need to maintain additional margin in my account (like in case of stock options we have 2nd week margin requirement 3rd week margin req)…
for example say i have 20k in my account and i bought 10 lots(100 quantity)@60…=6k… will that be enough? im more into options (im not into future buy/sell)

Query5. why im not able to see bankex strike price. ( no volatality )??

thanks and appreciate your response.

Right. Sensex options are same as Nifty and Bank Nifty options.

To buy options, you will need cash in your account and to sell options, SPAN + Exposure margin will be required.

This quantity will change based on OI. If the quantity you’re trying to buy/sell is higher than the client-wise position limit. You will see the following nudge on the order window.

Same as Nifty and Bank Nifty, these options are cash-settled. If it expires ITM, it’ll be settled at the intrinsic value while the OTM option will expire worthless.

Since these options are cash settled, there is no requirement for additional margins.

These are available, have explained above how you can add them to the marketwatch.

Hi @dtyxg, this is fixed. You should now be able to set alerts for BFO.

1 Like

Sir is this open now ? I see there was a notification from zerodha on kite web ?

One last query… @ShubhS9 can we buy any strike price for example say 62500 ce( within range of oi) on Monday (carry forward) and exit it on expiry ? If the range of oi gets changed on Friday? Is it same rules like bn and nifty?

1 Like

Sensex 50 is a different index, the F&O contracts on it have very less liquidity so we haven’t allowed it for trading yet.

You can trade in Sensex and Bankex F&O contracts.

Due to illiquidity, currently options stikes only 2% away from the spot are allowed for trading.

Sir
Can’t i exit deep itm position?

For example : sensex is currently at 62500 and if I enter a buy position 62600 ce(positional) on Monday. And if sensex reaches 65000 on expiry. Can’t i exit this on expiry ? Or expiry -1 day ?

Is hedge or strategies like iron condor allowed ?

@ShubhS9 need reply from ur end

The 2% restriction is only for taking new position. If your position falls outside this range after you have taken it, you will be able to square it off.

Yes. You will have to do this within the range specified above.

1 Like

Doubled my contribution today.

@dtyxg updates please. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Key Points

• 62600 CE most active strike having volume of 18,24,070

• 62500 PE made Low - 4 & High - 78 at 13:50 & 14:35

Would be interesting to see SL after SENSEX gets liquid enough

Personal Note :
Made some money

1 Like

Looks like this thread is redundant now :smiling_face_with_tear:

No update today ? @dtyxg

Stopped tracking :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

1 Like

Because nse moved their expiry ?
I still hope Sensex gets enough liquidity before that. There is a chance that it will continue if it does.