Introducing BSE index derivative contracts on Kite

Nope.

Even when NIFTY & BANKNIFTY had the same expiry day, BN contracts traded are significantly more as compared to NIFTY.

08-06-23 (Expiry)

BN - 27,67,02,735
NIFTY - 16,10,69,946

After changing the expiry day.
We are just unleashing the beast.

@Jason_Castelino
Do you still think SENSEX stand a chance?

Even I was thinking of the same. Volume will be at least 1.5 times.

I want Sensex to gain liquidity. I like nifty more than bank nifty because it gives me time for fire fighting. Sensex and nifty have almost perfect correlation.

1 Like

Wednesday seems like a good day for BSE to shift bankex expiry.

@dtyxg you are right, professional traders prefer BankNifty due to its volatility & speed of move. Of late BN is not moving at all.

@Jason_Castelino you are right, Sensex will be more stable than nifty. But traders will still prefer BankNifty over sensex on fridays.

NSE is not giving breathing space to BSE for liquidity to pickup. A classical business move.

We almost have a 0DTE days like in US due to these developments. Will this result in lot of fake moves only time will tell.

Yeahhh. There are bigger moves and that’s what traders what.
And I always want what most don’t. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

BN is probably not good for health of discretionary traders.
I trade 80% on BN.

Yeah. It doesn’t match my way of trading.

Screen Watching discretionary trading shaves away bits of mental and physical health every day.

And not screen watching ‘BN Discretionary trading’ can shave off Financial health :upside_down_face:
I think Nifty suits discretionary traders more than BN… but both N & BN are overall not that good for health of discretionary traders. Some can handle it, and have a trading style that can accomodate discretionary.

1 Like

:sweat_smile: ofcourse. BN is a wild beast as it is not as diversified as Nifty 50. So am in favour of systematic automation to save health - financial, mental and physical.

BN option sellers get more meat I suppose although it comes with generous amount of masala.

It does, and the lure is mainly because it gives traders opportunities to book profits (and losses) more number of times than Nifty.

1 Like

Go BSE :joy:

It will succeed for sure with nse withdrawing the earlier circular.
Personally I would prefer Sensex over bank nifty. Just want risk level at a lower level.

1 Like

If these are numbers for sensex contracts - then first look, its not at all looking good!

hope BSE has better ideas when they nudged out banknifty expiry from fridays !

128 lakhs contracts total volume on an expiry day is good.

It has been barely a month since it took off and most brokers are still not supporting BSE options yet.

Today there was no OI limit by Z, so tested the waters in sensex, it going good.

Enable ICEBERG ORDERS

@ShubhS9 @nithin @MohammedFaisal