Introducing GTT

Great news! By the way is it available for options and futures? Is it available for Currency and Commodities too?

No, only equity delivery.

1 Like

@nithin @siva
Can it be used as safe guard of short position in F&O.?
For say… I sell 2000 CE @50 rs premium and place a GTT order to buy shares equal to a lot size at 2000 triggered at 1999.9.
Take Exit on expiry from both. 50 rs per share will be an absolute profit. :thinking:

If so, will we get some relaxation in blocked margin if we place such order simultaneously?

Not allowed on fno or cds, only equity.

Sorry didn’t frame my question properly
For say… I sell 2000 CE @50 rs premium and place a GTT order to buy shares equal to a lot size at 2000 triggered at 1999.9 simultaneously.
Take Exit on expiry from both. 50 rs of premium per share will be an absolute profit. :thinking:
Am I wrong here?

If so, will we get some relaxation in the blocked margin if we place such order simultaneously?

GTT is just a price alert, if price reached certain level it will trigger after that it is as good as a manual order. GTT can’t track FNO, only equity. Also there is no guarantee of profit in your example, shares can goto 1500, also that is called as covered call options strategy, GTT has no relation to that. Check sensibull.

Is there a way to mimic this kind of behavior in futures segment?? I’m open to using third-party tools.

Dear Within Sir, Most of the brokers are updating “settlement prices” for fno after 5.0 p.m. Why Zerodha is lazy ? We see the updates on next trading day. Even Friday’s settlement prices are updated on Monday. Is it not surprising ?

If we update how does one know what happened today? many people will analyse after markets and in the late evenings. so, they can see what happened today, by how % stock has moved and all.

Dear Siva Sir, Most of the traders knows the closing prices at 3.30 p.m.
As you are thinking about some traders, there are many who uses the exact closing prices.

Brokers like NirmalBang, Astha, etc are updating the settlement prices.
In your view, how their traders analyse by watching settlement prices ?
I thought, instead of arguing you will try to do it in future !
Sorry, if you can’t !

I tried GTT with NIFTYBEES and got a message “Error creating GTT”
Does GTT not work with ETFs?

you can check now.

@siva As mentioned above by someone triggered gtt doesn’t auto clear also no option to delete them.

How long such orders will stay in order history ?

1 Like

One week.

works now, thanks @siva.

a minor suggestion: the “i agree to terms…” statement on gtt order creation box, is hardly visible. can be darkened a little imo.
thanks.

@siva One more suggestions is to copy quantity both in stop loss and Target when setting sell oco order. Usually we enter stop loss entry first which can be copied to Target as well. If it’s different user can change it.

Will note of this. Also if one is initiating from holdings, quantity will be prefilled in both target and sl.

Great work. Already many GTT orders were triggered for me. One request, allow blocking of margins for GTT buy orders. A checkbox can be added like terms. The reason is that people who are not actively following or logging in day to day will miss the opportunity if the margin falls short even by Rs. 1 and since adding margin takes time, except UPI which has limit per transaction, the price movement will be a missed opportunity.

There should be an option to archive/delete the triggered GTTs. Or atleast there should be an option to reactivate the GTT after modifying the GTT like how the sentinel triggers are handled currently.
Otherwise over a course of period, the GTT order page will look clumsy and huge with so many triggered GTTs…