Introducing GTT

1. The default Order type is Sell and Trigger type is OCO. Shouldn’t it be ‘Buy’ or at least there should be an option to select the default option?
  2. The popup window for GTT should be movable on the screen so that we can see the actual quantity available with us on the Holdings screen
  3. Why does one need to agree on the GTT terms and condition each and every time when one places the order. Shouldn’t there be an ‘agree to’ forever option for all my future orders
  4. Cancellation of GTT is not intuitive. Kindly update the help pages and make it more clear that only delete option is available for GTTs which are not triggered yet.

Yes, will be clearing triggered GTTs once in a week.

@nithin @siva
How GTTs are different from Algo trading. Is it not a simple logic at your end that triggers these orders? Certain features (such as TSL) are still considered algo and while GTT is not?
How does anyone differentiate which feature is algo or not? How does SEBI regulate ‘algo trading’?
Why can’t you extend the same GTT logic to sentinel triggers and baskets?
Wouldn’t be great instead of sentinel trigger notifications, an order is placed directly?

This is only if one is initiating from holdings and make sense, from market-watch if you initiate it will be buy.

Will check on this possibility.

We can’t auto fill it as per regulation.

emm, but that is obvious I think.

1 Like

GTT is just like any other GTC type which is already offered by many brokers. Offering on other conditions fall under algo so can’t be allowed.

1 Like

@siva Any idea when GTT frontend will launch for Mobile App. Still not able to view or manage GTT orders from phone.

Working on that, will take sometime.

Hello,
For Sell, can we use GTT Single Order like Stop-loss ?

Eg. Current Stock LTP is 640. Setting GTT Single Order Sell at 620 (Trigger as well as Sell price) will execute sell instantaneously at 640 or it gets triggered only when the LTP ‘crosses’ 620 ?

You should check the blog and support article. Anyhow it will trigger only when LTP crosses or touches 620.

Thanks.
Could find Stoploss info for OCO only. Hence the question Stoploss for Single order.

What if my buy and sell price triggered simultaneously on the same day? (Ex. Maruti Buy @ Rs 6160 and Sell @ 6270. Profit Rs 110 per share).

Two are different triggers or in oco?

different orders (say my buying price triggered then I put limit order, and the limit order also gets executed within 1 or 2 hours.)

So what? you bought and sold on same day? GTT is just an alert, once it is triggered it is as good as normal trading.

But you are in delivery mode. You can’t sell the shares untill you get them (T+2 day) in your demat a/c in delivery mode.

Nothing like that, cnc, mis is for broker to distinguish but for exchange it doesn’t matter.Unless if it in T2T( compulsory delivery) one can buy and sell on same day.

1 Like

Thanks for clearing my confusion.

Need option to set GTT Trigger & Price from Charts.
This will help in visually assessing the Chart pattern and adjust the GTT thresholds.

Basically it should be possible to Drag & place GTT threshold lines directly in Charts which create appropriate GTT orders in the GTT tab.
Pl. clarify if this can be considered.

@siva
comments pls.

Yes, will happen but will take sometime.