Introducing GTT

Had a GTT Triggered and Ordered fine. Great !

Now I notice that the completed GTT remains in the list as state ‘Triggered’.
Should it not disappear (after a day or so) from the list after Triggered / Order is executed ?
Could not find manual Delete option from the Context menu either.
How to get rid of the completed GTTs ?

Because executing many GTTs would leave completed GTTs lying idle and clutter the active GTT list.
Or any alternate way to remove the completed GTTs ?
Pl. clarify @siva

It should be removed in couple of working days, we just keep for couple of days so that if client is wondering how the position is created he can come and check.

1 Like

@siva @nithin hai, in GTT order Page can you flash how much amt req to create a GTT for particular stock , when we came to know the amout we can keep the amount in trading account

Will see on this, one is also aware of it but just saying it is just quantity multiplied by limit we mention so adding this column won’t add much value and what adds more value will be alerting when ltp reaching within certain range of limit mentioned, so one can make sure enough cash is available to take a trade, this is in our list of things to provide.

Hi , quick question - If the LTP is 640 and I create a sell GTT trigger at 620, will it get triggered immediately? Or will it only get triggered when the LTP hits or crosses the GTT trigger below 620?

Does the triggering of order once LTP crosses 620 work only for OCO? Or does it work for a single order as well?

it work for single leg order also. it can be used for sl and target as well.

1 Like

Suppose i bought shares for Rs 200 and I placed GTT trigger at Rs 195 and stop loss limit price at Rs 190 for sell.The next day market opens at Rs 185,then at what price will my shares get sold ?

A selling order at 190 will get placed. But it will remain as a pending order in the system as the current market price is 185.

The way to avoid this is by keeping the limit price much further away, that way it will act as a market order. For example, trigger at 195 and limit sell at 170. In this case, a sell at 170 will get placed and will get sold at 185 itself.

Got it sir.

Hi , why not able to create more than 50 GTT orders including both buy and sell , pls consider this to make more numbers atleast each 50 orders for buy and sell seperately . Thanks .

when will GTT availalbe in CDS, MCX?

We need a way wherein we can cancel multiple GTTs in single action.

Any Update on this. MCX can also have GTT as it requires no support from exchange and only on zerodha side.

@siva can u check the status

Circuits are very small and hit very often for mcx, so not sure GTT could be as effective as in eq/fno.

@siva What about CDS segment ? Can’t we have GTT enabled for the segment ?

For higher timeframes (WK/MN) liquidity and circuits are a lesser issue. Agree that it may not be useful for lower timeframes. Also there are commodities which are more liquid then others.

You can also take a call to disable GTT for very illiquid or high beta commodities as your terms say that GTT can be cancelled before events etc.

If feature is already developed and can be enabled for this segment with reasonable effort than usage would tell actual usability of GTT in MCX.

It is related to my request to update the closing prices before 4.30 p.m. Why ? …
Today BN 38900CE closed at 226.5. After market hours trading, it is at 164.6. MY AMO SL ORDER @ 205 IS REJECTED AS SL BUY SHOULD BE ABOVE CMP. It is foolish to place LIMIT order @ 205. I need to wait till tomorrow morning to place SL order.
I hope you understand the problem for not updating the closing prices in time.