Introducing the Zerodha Corporate Bonds platform

You can now invest in high-quality corporate and PSU bonds on Zerodha. We are starting off with tax-free bonds we’ll soon have quality taxable bonds as well.

5 Likes

Is it possible to invest in bonds which are trading in OTC as many of the bonds actually trade here and not on exchange

Thanks

2 Likes

This platform ours is essentially OTC but we just make available a select list of safe bonds. For more options, you can check out
https://goldenpi.com/home

1 Like

Could someone explain a bit more on meaning of : “They (tax-free bonds) carry an implicit sovereign guarantee”? What does it mean and what will happen in case of any untoward situation (as they say - " 1. And everything will be fine, just as long as nothing else goes wrong…")

@nithin, @Bhuvan

1 Like

The govt won’t explicitly say, this is guaranteed by us like they for G-secs. But it is understood that, if there were to be some trouble, they would be bailed out.

2 Likes

Can you advise how to buy Muthoot NCD (new corp bond which is open) via Zerodha?

Approach the Muthoot branch with the cheque and give them their DP ID and PAN details. Once listed, they will appear in your demat account

2 Likes

@Bhuvan

Where is the option to find more details about the corporate bonds available on coin platform ?
I understand it is possible to get details from https://www.indiabondinfo.nsdl.com/ if we have the ISIN number.

But, how to find the ISIN number of the bonds listed in the first place ?

~RKR

1 Like

@Bhuvan, @nithin
Can anybody answer the query ?

Like ex:

Where can we find the ISIN number of this bond ?

Rgds,
~RKR

Click on invest.

Thanks Bhuvan, I had tried this.
Now checked again. Looks like have to click “Initiate Order…” for this to be visible :+1:t4:

@Bhuvan
After applying NFO through Coin, The Corporate bond will be allotted within 5 days, But from when this will be listed in exchange to sell on the secondary market?
From where I can check the listing date?

2 Likes

We’ve stopped offering corporate bonds on Coin. The ones we offered weren’t primary issues (IPOs), they were listed bonds.

@Bhuvan are these bonds eligible for collateral ? if yes they come under cash or equity?

1 Like

Check the list of instruments here

@Bhuvan is there any way i can invest in these bonds thorough any of zerodha platform ? Attaching screenshots

2 Likes

You can search these on Kite and see if they trade. But most likely these look like bonds that were privately placed and hence won’t trade on the exchanges much. These are mostly sold through bond dealers. You can explore

2 Likes

I see no bonds on coin, did you guys take corporate bonds off?

Yes, the process was diffcult to make it work. We’re working on reintroducing them.

1 Like