Investment through SmallCase

Hi Sir,
My question is if I buy SmallCase and later buy more of those shares which are members of that SmallCase , what will happen if I plan to sell some of those shares which I bought out side of SmallCase?
I hope I conveyed the message properly :slight_smile:.

Hey Sabyasachi - if I understand correctly - you’re asking about stocks that are common in your holdings & in smallcases you buy

They’ll be shown together on Kite - whereas on smallcase.com, you see only the smallcase stocks in portfolios you have bought

On your Kite Holdings on web - you can separate between your Kite holdings & smallcase stocks with the filter

Thanks Vasanth. Yes that clears my doubt.

1 Like

Hi Vasanth, First of all Thanks a lot for this amazing concept of Thematic Equities.

The query which I got for you is however the stocks would be displayed differently but what would happen during Selling of the Stocks. Lets says I bought 2 Reliance Industries using smallcase for long term goal and 10 directly from Kite for Short term gains. After 15 days I decided to sell the shares which I bought for short term. Now when the shares would be sold, I believe First In First Out would be applied until Kite provide me the option of choosing which shares to sell. If FIFO applied then shares bought under small case would go off which was not the actual intention. The whole intention is to maintain Long Term and Short Term Shares separately. Is there any possibility using Kite/smallcase or I need to open 2 different accounts in this case but I can not open 2 account with the same Broker.

Hi @Mohit1110 - thanks so much for checking smallcase out

That’s correct - FIFO would be applied by Zerodha since orders placed on smallcase are placed via Zerodha. On the smallcase interface though - you will be seeing the average buy price & stock P&L (and hence smallcase returns) on the basis of the shares you bought here - since we don’t have the complete information

I doubt there’s a way to maintain LT & ST shares separately in the same demat account as FIFO will be applied to calculate STCG/LTCG liability