Investment & Trading

I am doing equity investment for short/long terms gains and also doing equity F&O trading. Can I file IT return by assessing tax both on Capital Gain on investment and business income on F&O? And assume turn over to be taken based on F&O trading only. Please clarify.

You can classify Equity trading under capital Gains and F & O under business. The principle you need to follow year on year unless there is a major change in trading pattern.

Refer here.

Hope it helps. Cheers.