IPO always not alloted

Please anyone tell me if there is some kind of problem with discount brokers for applying in IPO? I have 2 different account with zerodha (1 mine nd 1 for my brother) and 1 with other company, always applies for IPO but never gets the allotment? Only my account from last 3 years got 2 ipo of HDFCAMC and SBICARDS and less all didn’t get any allotment? Should I go for full time brokers? Please guide, I know very well the process of applying ipos always applies for 1 lot only, and allotment process also.

Applying through a discount broker or a full time broker doesn’t have any impact on your application, as the allotment process is random in retail category, chances of successful allotment are very less in case the issue is oversubscribed.

Unofficially karvy linkintime etc. will not allocate ipo to u and me just like that.

What i tell below is not in books but this is what happens in indian share market

U must have known contact in that ipo registrar office and they will make sure ur application goes thru. After applying they will note down ur app number and do the ‘needful’ in lottery. I also heard rumour that they may even collect ‘extra’ to allocate. But some sort of recommendation and close network is required in all oversubscribed hyped ipo cases. Otherwise even linkintime gate watchman will not allow us inside.

Dont waste time in ipo chasing

Can employees of the registrar and their family members relatives participate in IPOs FPOs OFSs ?

@ShubhS9

Broker doesn’t matter. After an IPO is fully subscribed, it’s just lottery.

Better ask them.

As I said I already know how allotment process works, what I am saying is not even once my luck will hit in so many attempts… U know I didn’t even got ujjiwan small finance ipo that was only 4 times subscribed

I guess you are right about this… This is 1 area where still scam is happening, sebi need to look into this.

1 Like