Is 676GS2061(IN0020200401) A Zero Coupon Bond? In Coin Listing while purchase it showed 2 coupon dates, but in my NSE trades email it mentioned Zero Coupon. I am confused

On detailed look, Zero Coupon is mentioned in Company Name. But just want to be sure. After all it’s a 40 year investment!!

@Neelesh Can you.

As this was a New GSEC launched on 22-Feb-2021 the Depository initially did not receive the coupon date and the coupon interest rate data. Hence in the Depository data, it reflects as a zero-coupon bond.

As this is Government security there will be 2 coupon dates and the interest will be credited to your bank account semi-annually. We are checking with the Depository to update the security name and details in their backend this will be done shortly.

3 Likes

Thanks @Neelesh. If and when this data is availabe can plz share in this thread. Thanks Vivek.

I purchased a few of these bonds from the secondary market. For the Demat credit that happened in June 2021, the issue was still present -

But for Demat credit that happened in July 2021, the issue seems to have been fixed -