Is anyone from you have trading account with US broker like TD Ameritrade Nithin Please reply

Is anyone from you have any trading account with US stock Broker. I recently talked with TD Ameritrade and they said that they accept clients from India. They said I have to fill trading account opening form and send this via Fax or Mail. I have to fund my trading account through cheque or Wire Transfer. I know RBI allowed any Indian citizen to invest in US Markets upto $250000 per year. But i want to do day trading in US stock market. Is trading is possible in US stock market from India. TD Ameritrade said me that they won’t provide me any margin facility because i am international Investor. Nithin can you please tell me some things that I need to remember before opening a account with them??.

Nithin I love there trading platform thinkorswim. I want one day your trading platform also be like this advanced and powerful.

Thanks please reply…

You can open an account and invest into US stocks, but you are not allowed to day trade or speculate in any margined product. Check this RBI circular.

All other transactions which are otherwise not permissible under FEMA and those in the nature of remittance for margins or margin calls to overseas exchanges/ overseas counterparty are not allowed under the Scheme.

2 Likes

Is it possible to do BTST 8n US stocks from india

1 Like

Yes thats possible but the problem is , if you do that your money will come back after t+2 only so you cant trade with the sold stocks.

So if you want to use this method then trade everyday for 1000$ and keep 2000$ as spare money.

Yes, so long as you don’t commit the good faith violation rule. Just google it if you want to know more.