Is day trading profitable?

Day trading can be profitable as long as you get the hang of reading charts and patterns clearly in order to spot the right time to make a move, whether it’s to enter or exit. There is a substantial amount of risk involved, as many traders often borrow or leverage capital each day to purchase additional assets, which can be dicey. So, it depends on if you choose to trade with leverage or not.

1 Like

Yes, it is profitable if you are good at instant technical analysis of the market.

2 Likes

Instant what?

1 Like

@KirubaKaran @KeshavKamal @AmitIyer @ronin_sha @peps
Have any of you been able to beat FD returns after deducting costs since last 3 years (considering strictly day trading returns only) ?

1 Like

Looks like out of the people I have tagged above, no one really made any money from day trading in the long run. Everyone is here for just giving ‘Gyaan’ to each other but themselves have not been successful doing the same thing.

2 Likes

Or maybe people didn’t noticed your post. Just like i noticed only now. I don’t know what fd returns stand at, but if you are talking around about 6%pa, then it’s been easily beaten.

Considering that it is 6 % per annum. My returns stand at an average of 16% and there are months i make 40% to just 4%.

I can’t say the same story for others. But it took me 5 years to arrive at something. It was years of not making any single money.

Well for your answer, i don’t know what you are looking for, but fd returns is a joke compared to day trading.

Hope, no one gets offended investing in fd.

2 Likes

If for any people wondering if day trading is profitable or can be done in the long run, why ask?

Everything seems impossible until someone does it.

Or just listen some podcast, read unknown market wizards. Well, if jack d schwager wrote it, he is not a fool.

You can keep wondering if day trading is profitable asking others for validation, or you can start manifesting about it.

Even if it works for someone, it might not work for you. So, what’s the point in asking if day trading is profitable or not?

If one starts doubting then that’s it. Cuz there ll be lots and lots of days you ll be sucked dry. Trading ll take your soul out, wring it dry and put it back for the journey ahead. You just have to keep the sanity alive.

Only you can keep yourself alive.

You just have to put the work. Nothing is so rosy here.

2 Likes

Reading in books, podcasts is a different thing and getting answers directly on this forum from experienced and profitable traders, is another thing altogether ; As here its a two way communication compared to books and videos/podcasts.

So you trade in Index Options or Stock Options (as 40% in a day is possible in options only) ?

1 Like

@t7support is a profitable guy. he has posted his profit from console severale times.

It’s monthly returns. Not daily.

Spending just 15 min a day, Trend following Nifty Index using daily chart with a naked weekly options buying strategy to be profitable. But I look at my returns every year and not daywise or month wise as this is a positional strategy with 4 day avg holding period.

3 Likes

@ronin_sha
Ohh…So can you please tell which instrument you use for intraday: Cash, Stock/Index Futures, or Options Stocks/Index ?

2 Likes

Only Nifty weekly ITM Options. Note this is not intraday strategy. I hold position overnight.

1 Like

bro you are present in this community since 2015! 7 years of experience in market :ok_hand:

2 Likes

No bro…market experience started only in September 2019 (actively trading). But yes joined the forum way earlier in 2015 when I was in college to gain market insights.

2 Likes

okay

i trade equity cash intraday only.

Man, I don’t know where are you on this journey? But the thing I can tell you, this journey is a lonely one. It’s good you have doubts but people will rarely have time to help out unless you live near each other.

The most you ll get is pnl screenshot of others. But that would never help you, it might give you a momentarily adrenaline.

Listen to trading podcast particularly of the USA. You ll find most seasoned traders there as markets have matured long enough. I can give you a few names, but that ld limit your search to what I know.

Trading is all personal. I took more than 5 years doesn’t mean you ll have the same timeline. People have different narratives. Like I have my kids to attend to. BTW, I believe most people here are young.

You all have time. Why the rush and the doubts?

Look into yourself. Take one step at a time. If you come here to be a millionaire, well, bring a million first.

1 Like

Thank you sir for your perspective.

Anytime sir.

Bro can you post the links of that USA podcasts? i would really appreciate that.

3 Likes