Is day trading profitable?

I know a person who does only intra day. He made around 300 percent of his capital last year.
I do not do intra day but that doesn’t mean somebody can’t be successful.

2 Likes

wow
300% ROI is awesome
the trader who got this return maintaining consistency?
In option buying for full time trader its possible but consistency is what matters most

Nah. He is just in cash segment. That too without any leverage.
He is consistent for 3 years now.

2 Likes

awesome and we trader avoid cash trading and getting addicted to option trading …
fighting to get 20-25% by selling options full time
:slightly_smiling_face:

What works for one may not work for others.
I don’t do intra day because I don’t understand it.
For me option selling works. For somebody else it doesn’t work. It may not even work for me some day.

1 Like

:+1: completely agree

“Trading is hardest way to make easiest money.”

2 Likes

I want to talk to him. Can you give me his details? (I don’t trust anecdotes like I know a person who made 300% doing intra-day. How do you know he is speaking truth? Have you seen his verified PnL? )

Edit: Please don’t take it personally when I say I don’t trust anecdotes. It is how my mind works. Nothing about you :slight_smile:

I file his ITR. :joy::joy::joy:

I do not think I am allowed to do that. It’s the information I received in my professional capacity.

Nah. Not at all. Even I wouldn’t have believed it.

Very Nice. Can you share some trades he undertook?

Again privileged information boss.
But even if I was to provide you, there is hardly anything you can understand.
Why bother? If it’s hard for you to believe it, ignore it. And if you want this information to replicate it, then it may not work for you.
Even I am not trying to replicate what he has done. I too would have loved to make such returns.

3 Likes

now you might have understood why i said 7% annual returns is possible intraday.

If i said 28% people would have queued up for my next seminar or coaching.

2 Likes

haha…v true

2 Likes

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.- Carl Sagan

I mean a claim that Mr John Doe made 300% a year just by intra-day cash trading is extraordinary.

28% a year is no longer attractive in 2023 for majority. Option gamblers attract most views on YouTube. Gamble big in options 4 times and you will make big profit at least 1 time and thereafter all you need is to post that screenshot and people will buy your courses and seminars. Use that course and seminar money to gamble again, make big profit and post that screenshot and sell more courses. Cycle continues.

1 Like

I believe that even day-jobers can make profit in day trading and quit job sooner or later. Here is how:

No doubt.

how many people you know are making this kind of returns consistently ?

1 Like

For a year yeah maybe unattractive but this kind of CAGR it’s a different story.
I’m my perspective anynumber beyond 20% CAGR is worth it :slight_smile:

Absolutely True.