Is ICICI Breeze API stable?

Anyone here use ICICI Breeze API? Is it stable?

I am. But not yet used for placing real orders. I have used breeze histocial data v2 api extensively to fetch historical market data for backtesting and it is a mess.
They have all kinds of problems - missing data, duplicate data (most cumbersome to deal with), placeholder data. I tried very hard to automate cleaning but it is not possible because the duplicate datetime data has diverging data points in other columns (open high low close) and sometimes it is not obvious which is correct (although in my experience one of the duplicates is always correct). I reported this to them by email with exact details to replicate so that they can find, verify and fix their data issues but they stopped replying after once saying that their api has correct data. I even sent them csv files with the incorrect and duplicate data, but they ignored it. I only considered the breeze api since it was a free option to get historical data but nonetheless, finally I bought the data from a certified data vendor. Now I am preparing a model to deploy using a broker api. I have tried dhan but it has many glitches which I do not wan’t to explore as I connected with their backend team lead in Mumbai and he said honestly, Dhan hasn’t matured yet for algo trading but he wanted me onboard because their favourite clients is algo-traders and they work on their feedback. That was good to hear but I cannot afford to lose my money due to some unreliable work in progress api. Kite connect is paid and not in my budget. Probably I will give breeze a go for order placement and then I have high hopes for Fyers. Let me know if you have experience with any broker APIs. I am aiming to automate a trading frequence of 500 - 1000 trades per year but I do not want to pay 40rs (in & out) brokerage for derivatives intraday trades as it will cost me 40k per year for 1000 trades. I will start with icici direct for this reason, and then explore 0 brokerage and free api options with others.

Thank you for the reply.

When did you last explore Breeze API?

Glitches in API? When did you explore Dhan? What are the glitches?

I used breeze api from Jan 2024 - Apri 2024. Stopped last week.
I used dhan api for historical data too from Nov 2023 - Jan 2024, but they only offer intra-day data for last day and EOD data for some time in the past. But their api goes down randomly, I checked my number of api calls were well within their rate limits, my api request was for a data well within their response limits and I know this not only because I had logged some api trackers but also because the same api calls worked earlier and later. I suspect they might be hitting their server limit under some time threshold, but anyways due to this - I cannot consecutively call the api even within its limits and secondly due to this, I lost trust in their api infra so as I said earlier, I do not even want to try to explore the potential glitches in their OMS APIs. Also dhan is not a data vendor so they only temporarily hold the streamed trailing data which makes you doubt their database (as it is not meant to hold accurate data related to trades that have now passed).
Anyways, do you want to tell me which APIs you have used for OMS if any?
I am interested in Fyers after watching their CEO’s podcast with Vivek Bajaj on YT. Is Fyers really the only broker with full DR site and api health tracker?

Across brokers I make ~200 orders (options) a day. I have used the following

Zerodha Kite API:
Very good, stable.

Finvasia Shoonya API:
They had issues 6 months back, but last few months everything is stable.

Kotak Neo API:
Quirky but works well for me.

Dhan API:
Testing now. They have now put Data APIs behind a Rs 499/month paywall.

I dont poll more than once in 10 seconds. For such needs you should use websockets market feed.

That’s high, you would have known most of their api issues by now. I am only looking to place like under 10 orders (option buying) + under 10 orders (futures shorting) a day.

They seem very transparent. 0 brokerage, 0 api cost and 0 clearing charges. I will experiment with this first for model deployment.

That you can get for free. They need minimum turnover of 50k (iirc) in F&O segment once and you become a super trader for whom data api is unlocked.

Seems that is no longer the case. Anyone who wants access to their Data API has to pay.