Is it possible to build 7 figure capital by intraday cash trading?

My max DD in backtest is 21% but personally I do not fear from DD,actually time DD is more painful than %DD acc to me

Yes,on stock futures also I can apply my system.will try once my capital is big enough for that
I think in stock futures liquidity is better than cash market,is it true?

1 Like

By accuracy you mean out of 100 trader how many are win trades?
In backrest it’s 57% around and in real market it’s 54%(was 62% till June but last 2 months didn’t go well like previous months)

Risk reward concept I never tried
Since I have a full time job from day one my effort was to build system which don’t rely on charts,indicators,timeframe,etc
I only apply strict SL of 1.2% and place my order within first 20-25 mins and then square off around 15:18

1 Like

try doing the same with 10 lakh capital, anyone can be blown away seeing 21% drawdown

I am about to find out soon … Orderbook behavior is a bit different and for stop orders you need someone else to execute without price going too far away, so may need to adapt execution. My approach is to first start similar to cash and then fix problems if they show up. Lets see …

1 Like

I don’t know about trading, but in investing, 20% DD in the PF is common, no sleep is lost thinking over it.

1 Like

are you planning to scale?

investing is dimensionally different thing than trading,

3 Likes

Of course it is, here too each person’s thinking could be different. Now that I am trying trading, I guess I will know it.

Not day trading of course, because here the loss is not notional but real :no_mouth:

2 Likes

It depends on person too. I know of a guy who trades with a system with 50% DD. 20-25% is normal for him. I think that’s crazy but he is trading it for 5+ years.

Investing and trading are different. There is more uncertainty in terms of long term performance of system. Systems can stop working but a diversified portfolio will probably recover eventually. Very high DD can be very hard to recover from if system stops working.

And 20%-30% falls + markets still going down can lead to panic among unprepared investors too.

2 Likes

Yes trading and investing are different, I was making that statement purely w.r.t the 20% DD number.

Unprepared investors, panic go hand in hand, but informed and experienced investors don’t panic, and value investors dream of such panic :grin:

i know about my personality and i neve bother about DD or loosing money(5 years ago i took a personal loan of 5 lacs for my marriage and given 70% of that amount to a friend who buy some dummy insurance policies for himself by some scamster and lost that money,that time my salary was around 25k per month but i never lose my sleep or anything)
what i meant to say i’m kind of person who will happily see 50% drawdown if i bounce back quickly rather than 10% drawdown for longer period of time

Scaling from day 1(just withdrawing money in between to fulfill some emergency financial crunch)

1 Like

that must be really painful to see someone doing dumb mistake with your hard earned money…is he still friend?

He is my best friend and it wasn’t his mistake.even he lost his own hard earned money also in that scam

1 Like

One thing I forgot to mention
This 21% DD is calculated when 100% of capital deployed
So if I deploy 50%of my capital Max DD will come down to 10% (obviously returns also will reduce to around 10% monthly)

1 Like

Why i have a feeling that people seem to feel inferior if they trade cash. Why❓why❓

You are doing a killing with 15-20% monthly returns. You seem to be doubting yourself since you are spot on quite too soon.

Fyi, i trade equity only.

Yes, you can build 7 figure. But it’s likely you yourself will figure that out better. You know the mechanics of what you are doing.

Why do you have doubts :question:

1 Like

Thanks a lot sir for your valuable inputs.
However my only concern was to find someone who is trading equity intrest cash segment with 7 digit capital as I’m unable to find someone like that on any platform or in real life
I have full conviction in my system and strategies that’s why I never tried FnO segment like others.wanted to create a niche for myself in cash entrada only

1 Like

My doubt for scalability is possible(if yes then till which amount) or not in cash intraday
Since you are very experienced Sir, it would be great if you guide me about it

Hi , scalability in any instument can easily be measured by average daily volume. You can divide to get down to 1 min, so in 1 min what volume (average of daily for atleast 2-3 weeks)

Its actually much depends upon you time frame of your trades ,if your trades are smaller time frame then more slippages will be there and its not easy to scale but if your time frame is larger then you can place limit order.

So again it lots depends upon instuments average trading volume and your time frame. Also , if your startegy involves only nifty stocks then i don’t see any liquidity issues can trade with crores even go for futures (leveraged product- 1 lot is roughly 8 lakhs rupess equivalent stock).If your strategy invols stock with volume burst on particular day then also no issues.

Thanks for your valuable inputs Sir.
My strategies are not based on any timeframe. Though for back testing I tested on 1,3,5,10,15 min timeframe
I could place my trade at anytime from 9:25 to 9:35(for my 4 strategies)
Other strategies I’ve developed especially to counter second half and I can place orders at anytime from 11:30 till 14:55 pm