Is it possible to build 7 figure capital by intraday cash trading?

By timeframe i meant average time between entry and exit . If this time is too small then its not that easy to scale if time is like 2-3 hours then yeah , limit price should work. For FNO stock no issues

1 Like

But I don’t do scaling in between the trade.
I place the trade then open the terminal only at square off time
By scaling I mean compounding and keep increasing position sizing month after month

1 Like

I know how you trade, you use one day candle plus trend to capture the whole day momentum right? I have used it while doing swing trading but never tried with intraday. I am also a cash intraday trader and I have felt the same because it feels like a very long step by step journey to make 7 figures. Disadvantage of cash intraday is the limitation of how much we can risk and those little steps feels like it will take forever and you will have some bad months also where you may see no growth and you just try to keep your capital. According to me my answer would be if you want to make big money then you need to trade bigger trades like 1 hour bull run or 1 day break out . The bigger the trend and your holding period the more potential you have to double your money so my experience tells its possible but not worth it. Or if you are really into it then it will demand a minimum of 3 to 4 years of your life ,are you ready to invest that much time?

Thanks Sir for your insights.
Btw as I’ve mentioned earlier,I didn’t use/see any chart/timeframe/indicator(neither previous day nor present day)
And 3-4 years people easily invest to get a degree which won’t guarantee financial freedom so I’ll be more than happy to invest,however I have the belief in my all systems that in between this period, I’ll find/resolve my all doubts and queries by myself.
I asked here to just get an idea about experienced traders who are trading in equity cash entrada segment and very pleased to find great insights from all you gentlemen.

1 Like

It is possible but we can’t say how much time it will take for you to get there. Good to know that you are doing well. So just focus on being consistent and stick to your strategy. All the best!

1 Like

just to update here, ended september month with 97.91% gain on trading capital. after not so good couple of months,this month was my second best ever!

2 Likes

If you could tell about the trades you have taken, that would give us a picture.

1 Like

snap of my trading journal for your reference

2 Likes

So intraday in stocks, all shorting?

1 Like

Do you use only stock specific data, or you also consider overall market data for you decision making?

1 Like

For my current system,only stock specific
But systems which I will use in future as capital will grow(I have around 9 more systems ready for that) so few of those consider overall market conditions

1 Like

Yes, 90% I’m a short seller

2 Likes

Yes, I was thinking the same thing you follow option sellers but when I checked your entry it was little different because how I do is, I conform the data with chart data, so I get more accuracy. Maybe you only consider number’s data, if it works for you then its good no need to do anything. I am just saying how i do it.

1 Like

I know 0 about options and don’t want to go that line also.
Wanted to create my niche in cash market only

Also my all systems are made to make sure I don’t need to look into charts or any indicator or anything
Just place my orders from mobile app manually and that’s it.

2 Likes

here is d brother from another mother.

1 Like

Multiple individual trades losing close 10% of capital each !!
5 losing trades in a row will reduce capital by half - It will happen eventually.

Too much risk for me. Good luck …

2 Likes

Actually, since 1 jan 2017 till today, out of 1420 trading days,my system never had such losing streak,anyhow I reduced my position size with each loss accordingly(it means 5 consecutive losses will reduce around 40% capital if I go full leveraged )
I know my system better and I know when to push the pedal and when apply the brakes.

2 Likes

How did your system fare in 2020 crash? As nothing was spared back then.

1 Like

Will share you amibroker results snap,however in a nutshell, for my all combined strategies I had 3 negative months in last 70 months and max loss per month was -16%(considering 5x margin,actually loss was -3.2%)

Btw its a myth that 2020 crash was bad for traders, acc to me 2012-13 or late 2015-16 period was difficult and few months of 2022 also