Is it possible to build 7 figure capital by intraday cash trading?

But did you deploy all of your strategies, which strategies were used for trading and how did they do? Or are you saying about back test results?

I did not know how it was for traders, I know how it was investors. But traders too who have taken deliveries of stocks or went long till expiry must have faced losses.

i’m saying here about backtest results. i already told you yesterday that will unleash one by one my strategies as capital will grow

1 Like

for your reference here is the backtest results for period of jan-july2020(after that i think revovery and bull period starts entire 2021)

Draw down is less than 20, then it must be a good strategy.

1 Like

so far i can say yes as my capital increases 9X in 9 months this year. let’s see what happens in future.

1 Like

Those are some impressive numbers. All the best. Keep updating this thread at regular intervals in the future. Just a request from my side.

1 Like

Sure Sir!
i will try to give update at least on monthly basis.

1 Like

May I know how you backtested your strategies and how long did it take?

1 Like

it’s a very rigourous to backtest as i see normally people pick current stocks of any index(nifty50 or nifty100) and then do backtesting on those stocks for past years which results in survivorship bias, so first i downloaded each month nse index constiuents data from nse site since 2008 and then created seperate watchlist for each period where these stocks were part of index(refer attached image for reference)
after that i did backtesting for that particular duration with respective watchlist and compiled all results in excel to do more analysis

and people say, cash is boring, doesn’t move at all !

1 Like

Well, people can say anything.
Yet, you can do anything different from the rest. Yet stand out.

For instance,

• i haven’t read Zerodha varsity.
  • i don’t know options.
  • i don’t know any programming language.
  • i trade only cash.

The flexibility of customizing quantities as per your money is what build my survival. This happens only in cash market.

I ll have blown myself trading in lots, say, in commodities. I did blew in early stage. Horrifying, thinking now.

And the returns in cash, people will just think it’s so unreal. Cuz there can be fat returns.

Index moves, cuz cash moves. So, why will cash be boring?

((edited: added some clarity))

3 Likes

as per my personal experience, almost every day my picked stocks moved minimum 0.5%(either in my direction or opposite direction)

1 Like

also there will be lesser chances of big players against you in intraday cash market(nifty50) as almost all big guys likes to do FnO and index trading.

I am not certain about that. There will always be big footprints in cash, and that’s why it moves.

People who say, they can’t earn in cash, either waits for too much confirmation. Or they just believe, options generate more , as it is more complex , and involves a bit more extra dimension to the underlying price.

Every instrument is good.

But when if we are talking about making an income from trading, living from it, I ll speak what I know.

Btw, I like your sheet layout. That’s what I love about trading. People have lots of different things, and outlook. and I just love to steal some, every time.

1 Like

Thanks Sir!

trending in twitter, an uber driver

And don’t call me Sir too. I feel so old.

itrade only option buying in FLATTRADE because there is zero brokerage , there i am only option buying - so far going good month on month - capital deployed is 70 k - i trade throuh algo platform only in option buying - option buying manual is difficult - more then 1 and half year going good in option buying in FLATTRADE

what is the relevance of posting here about options stuff when cash trading clearly mentioned in the title of the thread?

There need not be relevance every time when one posts, if a further discussion happens, a separate topic can be opened.