Is it possible to open International commodity trading account and trade from India?

Is it possible to open International commodity trading account and trade from India?

Either from Chicago ,London or Singapore exchange or any other world exchange? 

I knew its not that easy but any possibilities?

Note:for only Agri Commodity.

1 Like

There are some legalities involved in doing this. Suggest you speak to Interactive Brokers for doing the same.

2 Likes

As an Indian once you remit funds out of India, you are not allowed to trade on any product that has leverage/margin. So yeah you can trade by taking delivery of stocks/commodity, but no you can’t trade derivatives.

Check this link: http://tradingqna.com/600/forex-legalisation-issues-in-india

2 Likes

Is there any workaround for this? On a side note, why does the govt tell us where to spend our money, i mean its our hard earned money,right? We are anyway paying taxes!

I have been reading this around for a while.

I want to clarify that trading in the FOREX is allowed with recognized stock exchanges.

We are allowed to trade in EURUSD, USDJPY & GBPUSD.
Further, we are allowed to trade in the commodities - Gold, Silver & Crude Oil. As I am into this, I know this for a fact.

Attaching the link to RBI Circular for your reference.
https://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/NotificationUser.aspx?Id=10172&Mod=0 ,

1 Like

I think these only include Exchanges in India and not the global 24-hour forex trading which other countries have.

I agree with u. It is allowed only to be traded on recognized stock exchanges in India.
After the December 2015 RBI circular, GIFT City facility was opened for the purpose.
Adding to that NSE has started operations in GIFT city with NSE IFSC exchange from 05June2017 onwards. In that you can observe that the cross currencies and commodities priced in USD are allowed to be traded. As the USD settlements happen inside India, I believe in the near future even retail traders could get access to it.

No, These include the 24hrs market. I have been trading in this type for sometime now. The firm I am in has been into this for the past 6 years.

Adding to the previous comment, the transactions are done with broker outside India.

Isn’t international forex trading illegal and that too a non bailable offence???

Well this company I am working for has been doing it and there are many others.