Is it possible to place basket orders using Kite publisher?

I was building a platform and I wanted to place basket orders, is this possible using Kite connect/publisher?

Yes, you can place basket orders using Kite publisher. You can check out a demo of how basket orders work here.
Basket trade can be initiated from your platform (right now we restrict this to 50 stocks for now).

Once you click on the Buy basket (from your web page), it redirects to Kite. If the client is logged into Kite already, then no need for another login. Do note, post Kite login the order placing experience is now Zerodha’s. The client can edit the basket at this stage.

Clicking on edit will allow him to edit the Order Type (Mkt, Limit, SL, SL-M), Product (MIS, CNC), Order Validity, and Quantity. However, the exchange cannot be changed.

Once the order is placed, the user is redirected back to your platform screen.

2 Likes

I just answer a similar question here, let me quote it here 1. Can I able to place basket order during market hours and how to place basket order via kite - #17 by KirubaKaran

You can try ZCT Free trading bot that helps you in placing basket orders.

• You can enter multiple stocks
  • You can mention target %, stop loss% trailing stop loss % as well
  • Basket order in BO is also possible

simply entering the list of stocks symbols and respective quantity is enough to place the basket orders.

buy SRTRANSFIN QTY=100 PRICE=998;buy ICICIPRULI QTY=108 PRICE=410;buy INFRATEL QTY=1000 PRICE=279;buy INDIGO QTY=90 PRICE=1600;buy PVR QTY=10 PRICE=1799

multiple orders with futures can also be combined

You can check this short video link here that shows how it works, its free. No subscription or no new account opening needed, you can use with your existing Zerodha and upstox account.

Users who wants to place basket orders in Zerodha with options can follow this. Suppose, consider you want to buy 24800 call and put options together. the following syntax to ZCT bot @Zerodha_Call_Translator_Bot would place basket orders.

BUY banknifty 28400 pe qty 500 price=150 sl=135 target=200;BUY banknifty 28400 ce qty 500 price=150 sl=135 target=200

Could you please correct this : Publisher JS plugin - Kite Connect 3 / API documentation
It says max of 10 stocks