Is it right time to exit Mutual Funds?

I have significant investments in equity mutual funds. I heard some news that in near future market may get corrected. Is it right to exit the mutual funds & book profits, when market is near its high ? Any suggestions?
P.S. I am talking about mutual fund investments older than one year.

Do you have some experience in self investing?
If yes, then I think it will be better if you exit 50% from MF and invest in good stocks. The returns will be better than MF.
If you don’t have any experience, then you should start with smaller amount.
If you are ready to hold on to for another year or two years, I think the bull run is likely to continue. (Unless some drastic change in economy/govt policies)

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I am not totally new to self investing. I am doing it from last 1.5 years. Also trading in CASH segment with profit.

Then I think you shouldn’t keep a lot of amount in MF. Self invest and make better use of the capital.

actually there is nothing like right or wrong time for exit and entry into investment, You can withdraw if u need money in near term otherwise staying invested for long term is the only way…
OR if you r fearing sudden immediate correction then you can choose to buy appropriate PUT option that would cost you equivalent to exit load of mutual fund.

Thank you for the reply. I am concerned about correction that may come & want to invest the mutual fund money to stock market when market gets correction. BTW in my case there is no exit load on mutual funds for units older than 1 year.

1 Like

So you want timing the market? Good luck on that.

Thank you brother for your reply. Timing the market is the name of game, isn’t it. You buy at low price & sell when price goes up.

Yes it’s a kind of game, buy at low price and sell at high, of course you will get profit but thing is what is the consistency of your winning in this game??

Do you have a monthly investment or one time investment. Any ways, why would you wanna withdraw mutual fund. of course market is gonna correct. recession may hit the market in late 2018 or even 2019. But why would you wanna withdraw ? This is the nature of the market, it falls down 5 steps and climbs up 8. no matter what are the economic conditions, market will always give you positive returns over a long period of time. if market falls, you will get mutual funds in even lower price. and don’t think about investing in particular stock if you don’t have any knowledge about stock performance. I will be dubbing my mutual funds as soon as the bear market starts…

Thanks. Yes you said it right, I am also open to re-enter mutual funds at right time.

If I were you I wouldn’t withdraw those investments. Afterall, they’re gonna grow on the market.

You will find out the right time only in hindsight. BTW why exit after just one year?