Is it worth investing in Nifty Alpha 50 ETF / Index Fund?

I was exploring Nifty Alpha 50 Index and Found Kotak ETF And Bandhan MF which is tracking Nifty Alpha 50 Index. Anyone investing or any insights Is it worth investing it? or any other good option in the same category?

If You’re okay with the RED RECTANGLE the Green one’s for you :slight_smile:
Her’s a short term view to :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the chart and Comparison. It seems very volatile. There is another index as well Nifty 200 Momentum 30 what about it?

@vimox.shah I don’t understand why you want to over-complicate investing. If you want higher returns and are okay with volatility choose Midcaps if not Choose Nifty 50 or other broader market indices :slight_smile: If you want a mix of them There are large and midcaps 250 or total market indices :slight_smile: The indices that go up like crazy once the run ups get easy the fall back to earth are pretty harsh too :slight_smile:
Further once you annualized the returns I don’t think you’d get too ahead of midcaps or smallcaps :slight_smile: so IMO I don’t think it’s worth investing in these indices :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got your point. Thanks @Chetan_Nahata for your valuable insights.

I observed that there are lot of stocks getting changed every quarter / semi anually so there might be tracking errors in etf/index fund. I couldn’t find proper tracking error for Kotak Nifty Alpha 50 ETF, ICICI Prudential Nifty 200 Momentum 30 Index Funds or any other funds of the same category as well. Can anyone guide me where can I check tracking errors for these funds?

@vimox.shah The tracking difference and tracking error is maintained by AMFI at https://www.amfiindia.com/research-information/other-data/tracking_errordata

@currency_trader Thanks for you sharing details. But shared AMFI link is not providing data.Always showing No record for all Mutual fund. Any Idea?