Is it worth investing in Nifty Midcap 50 index fund?

I am planning to invest only in index funds in the following ratio. which option you suggest?

Option A:
75:25 - Nifty 50: Nifty next 50

Option B:
60:20:20 - Nifty 50: Nifty next 50: Nifty Midcap 50(not 150)

I would go for Option A. I am invested in both Nifty 50 ETF and Nifty Next 50 ETF but not in the proportion of 75:25. Mine is adhoc based on the current value and my average cost.

The core reason being, by investing in Nifty 50 and Nifty Next 50, I would have invested in India’s top 100 companies. There cannot be anything better or worse than this. I do not want overdiversification beyond 100 corporates.

I am also told that Nifty next 50 behaves like a midcap fund by experts in this forum which is true. Hence I stopped searching for a midcap ETF. The volatility is high. In addition, I like the businesses which are listed in Nifty Next 50 except for One 97 (paytm) & zomato but then the weightage is miniscule at 0.37%

Disclaimer: The above are my personal views and should be taken with a kilo of salt as I am invested in these two ETFs. Too much of diversification will not create wealth - This too I was told by an expert.

1 Like