Is there a way to reduce charges?

How can i reduce Exchange transaction and Security transactions charges while trading options?

1 Like

For every trade you place you will have to pay these. The only way to reduce these are to reduce the number of your trades.

4 Likes

you are already trading with lower charges when you trade in FNO segment.

you should see the charges in cash segment.

2 Likes

Can you please elaborate on what do you mean by less charges in F & O compared to Cash?

The only direct answer for your question is “trade low premium options and that too less number of trades.”

1 Like

Zerodha is not the cheapest any more. There are already brokers charging absolute zero like FINVASIA.

2 Likes

@t7support True! Finvasia is the cheapest. Helped me save a lot on brokerage. However, there are some charges like GST, Exchange and security transaction, Stamp duty fee, SEBI fees etc that you can’t avoid even if your broker is not charging any fee.

If there is no brokerage then you don’t need to pay GST on brokerage. So you save on that too. You pay GST only on exchange transaction charge.

Any charges that the exchange, SEBI, govt levies neither us nor the broker can do anything. If we trade we need to pay these. Only thing we can do is to trade less so that we pay less on these.

1 Like

@t7support I agree but zero brokerage in itself is really helpful in lifting off the burden of hefty brokerage fees.

1 Like

On overnight basis ( mind you I traded at Finvasia for a year)
Zerodha is as good as any free brokerage broker.
Of late Iam trading only Niftybee & Bankbee.
Guess what no STT for overnight for buy (like 0.1% for all stocks) for index ETFs.
For CNC overnight buy zerodha no commission, gst only on exchange fees.+ Stamp duty.
Next day say BTST,again no sell zerodha commission,gst only on exchange fees,no stamp duty.SELL STT on index ETF is .003% not 0.1%
On rare days on extrame down day,I back up the truck on niftybee & bankbee ( fully knowing & prepared next day could be further gap down ) ,next day market gaps up ,I have not paid zerodha a single red cent, no buy side stt,very little stt on sell & all pure profit . I thank the lady luck of course.

1 Like

You’ll have to pay these for each trade you make. The only way to get rid of them is to limit the number of trades you have.

1 Like