Is this a heavily regulated community? (Smelling authoritarianism)?

Any topic tagged under Zerodha doesn’t show on the landing page. This is because most Zerodha-tagged topics are individual queries related to customer accounts, and we don’t want the main page cluttered with that. You can track all Zerodha tagged here:

2 Likes

@Srivishnu_S

You are over-analyzing things. :slight_smile: You’ve tagged this under “Zerodha” category which is mainly about queries/feedback related to the products/services offered by Zerodha which one can view only when we go and search that particular post or category.

If you would have posted in general section, it would have been available in the landing page. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I am over-analyzing…probably! :sweat_smile:

Now I changed the tag to general :joy: :+1:t2:

Now people can see the post! :relieved:

Bro this much caffeine is not good.

The community rules have been put up for a while, right? We have clarified that no one should directly or indirectly promote anything on this forum - other brokers, training, advisory, etc. And, of course, as people running this forum, we might end up promoting Zerodha here.

3 Likes

I am more skeptical!

I appreciate the transapareny though !

Even I can’t beleive, I am talking with a billionare forbes list member!

But, If community guidelines is strictly followed, why would there be many zerodha account specific requests exist!

For Ex:-

Probably, you need to update the community guidelines, that under announcement topic, issues can be discussed…right?

I think there will be, still some zerodha personal account specific topic/post will be find here & there!

(I understand moderating to that level will be difficult)

Cause this forum doesn’t even provide revenue to put that much work into it ! :thinking: :man_shrugging:t2:

I think an AI scanning the texts while posting & allowing or flagging it for human approval would be a good cheaper alternative to track that (promotional/account specific) kind of posts!

1 Like

Not really sure what and who is slinging mud on whom. To be frank :slight_smile:

We are extremely clear with our community rules. Any direct or indirect reference or promotion of other brokers or one’s own services is not allowed here and if you observe, this would be the case for most of the other communities.

We would appreciate if you can share your learnings and experience on posts related to trading and investment. But, any reference to your own services or other brokers, we would have to be extra cautious if there is a conflict of interest as we are here to ensure the rules are being followed. If you think, it is only about you, it’s absolutely not sir. :slight_smile: We reject multiple posts on a regular basis if there are folks trying to spam and promote their websites or other stuff here.

With that being said, We hope to see you share your learnings on various market related discussions. :slight_smile:

We suggest people to create a ticket at support.zerodha.com for account specfic queries. If we see that there are any queries, the answer to which is beneficial for all the members to take note of. We let that query be on the platform for future reference like the link that you’ve shared related to mutual funds.

1 Like

I think you need to update the community guidelines regarding this👆🏻.

Continuing the discussion from Community Guidelines:

If this feels annoying… sorry :sweat_smile:

Even, I feel, I am constantly pointing someone in my posts (feeling bad :smiling_face_with_tear:)

I also find it hard to believe a CEO talking to public. Initially I felt it’s someone from Zerodha staff posting under his ID. I even asked him once that beimg head of India’s largest broker how does he get time for forum, without expecting any reply. But he actually replied.

1 Like

You want to be a trader & you are 19, here is a life lesson. Don’t sweat about stuff that isn’t worth sweating over. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Probably, as a ceo He won’t to do the regular repeating work!

But he is incharge of the big thing i.e., directing the path of zerodha & deciding what to do!

I heard him saying in several meeting/podacts that He hears audiobooks & many podcast…so you can think of him as company’s visionary! (Which is the important thing in a company )

So, he will surely always thinks about zerodha & will work on external things of zerodha!

I think this forums is like his time passing!

At the end, this is also about markets, so he doesn’t waste time!

And Difference in him is that he is not a corporate CEO you think of!

(Like chasing numbers & targets! He is genuinely caring about customers even for notifications in zerodha,there will be meetings)

In the era of spam notifs!
I like this kind of things from Nithin’s personality a lot!

And a good company culture! Even appointing staffs is different than you think!

In the era of tech company layoffs & resigning employees, zerodha has probably 4-5 or little members out of 1000s of employees to resign which is outstanding percentage!

The most efficient company, thereby one employee per lakh customer!

If you take the no.of orders they experience, zerodha will be the top broker in the world!

They also have very good financial strength (probably among the top 5 brokers in that sense) comparing the orders they experience & without having many external dependencies!

And that’s what made zerodha stand out!

And that’s what I love about zerodha & Nithin :heart:

I also love zerodha’s CTO!

Even nithin said he learns many things from Kailash Knadh!

Zerodha.tech is a elixir of experience to read! :heart:

2 Likes

This are of human value kind of things!

Not a mere cost comparison between brokers!

I value this the most!

I want to be a entrepreneur, that’s why I know all this things!

Among the companies, I analysed/learnt zerodha is one of my favourite!

I hope the above things will put a different light on zerodha’s different face!

Probably, I am fan of zerodha & Nithin’s personality & his many ventures :joy:!

Feeling like a mad cinema fan of some celebrity like sharu khan/salman khan :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ya the rules have been there. In a thread specific to other broker feature discussion, Dhan, Finvasia and even Interactive Broker features were posted. In a trader community the broker is an important piece of the puzzle and so a free and fair discussion on what each broker brings on the table would mean other broker related features will get highlighted.

Ya this is ok. But then its not a neutral forum for trading community when other broker updates and feature update posts get flagged IMO.

This was in response to @Srivishnu_S feeling offensive about his own post. I was just saying am pretty cool about it.

Is this a neutral trading community or is it a forum where only zerodha can do chest thumping. This is the base question. Besides I have not posted my Dhan referral link here or marketed my services here in any way. I am just saying there are other brokers who have a certain set of features that may be interesting to other traders in the community.

I never thought this is about me. My comments have been generic on how this forum is moderated.

That’s what I have been doing mostly and hope to do so into the future.

Lets take this over a DM. I guess we are deviating bit far from the thread topic.

We definitely want discussion on other brokers as well. there was never a point of argument on that. As moderators, our job is to keep a close tab if there is any risk of conflict of interest and if there is an element of that in any of the posts, we do what’s needed to be done.

We would have done the same even if the partner was promoting Zerodha. :slight_smile:

The word “neutral” means different for different people. We are clear that the forum is open for discussion on any topic related to markets as long as there is no direct/indirect promotion.

Chest thumping by us? Really, sir? :slight_smile:

Hoping to see nice insights from you helping other traders and investors here. Cheers :slight_smile:

If another user post a feature update of another broker here in the same way zerodha does and if its not flagged, yes forum is neutral. Otherwise it is not IMO.

Also pls don’t be call sir. I am not sir material :laughing:

Sure.

Probably, this comes under indirect promotion, it seems!

See :point_up_2:t2:

They are the ones making rules, we can’t do anything :upside_down_face:

@t7support
This is a company supported forum where the company has its interests. Within that context, this is as neutral as it gets. It cannot be a forum like TeamBHP (which is neutral but restrictive in other ways)

1 Like

This is y am saying this is not a neutral forum. Its a zerodha tilted one where zerodha promotion can only happen.

Well most things in life we don’t really have control. So lets leave it at that.