Is Zerodha getting left behind?

So @nithin @Meher_Smaran @ShubhS9
I had some free time today so I went through many old posts on TradingQnA. There was a small thing I found concerning a lot of posts by many users who shared feedback/ Update Requests we got replies like “it’s bounced to the team” or “it’s on our to-do lists” but only never replied to again :slight_smile: At least update us that’s it’s been stashed aside so we stop looking forward to it :slight_smile:
Next, if those updates make it into the scene “it’ll be implemented soon” my goodness this can reply gives an ETA that varies from days to years :slight_smile: no sure though why it happens :slight_smile:
Pointing out a feature that was a daily account level loss limit kill switch or something like that it’s been a long while since this feature has been continuously requested (pointing it out since I found this one the most :slight_smile: ) and recently Groww implemented a similar feature safe exit (u define a stop loss limit for the specific validity and If it hits all F&O positions get squared off :slight_smile: )
I just wanna ask are the “roadblocks” that Zerodha has been hitting continuously a result of a small team?
I’m not versed with the actual backend but somehow the once pioneer of change is being continuously outperformed by newbies in this industry :slight_smile:
Nothing against Zerodha has been using it since the day I turned 18 but it’s just weird to see if I’m not wrong Zerodha is the only broker not having its native option chain ironic I read in one of the posts that @nithin was commenting on something being against relying on third-party vendors since it reduces reliability? if tomorrow Sensibull goes down won’t Zerodha customers lose the entirety of its option analytics?
Feels weird Second in terms of customer base one of the top in terms of revenue getting limited due to some “unforeseen roadblocks?”

1 Like

Others please feel free to add your views on this matter too :slight_smile: especially those who have been using multiple brokers for a while now and can share a comparative experience :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you seen this self-review / retrospective ?

Specifically the section “Why do we do what we do?

Also, here’s a link to a summary of my thoughts/links
from a previous topic thread that questions Zerodha’s priorities.

Specifically this bit :innocent: :point_down:t4:

When someone is NOT catering to you,
please understand that you are NOT the target audience.
There is no one-size-fits-all broker for everyones’ needs.

Presumably, Zerodha (technically Rainmatter) being a significant investor/owner of Sensibull, has better insights into Sensibull’s sustainability, and possibly a say into shaping/prioritizing Sensibull’s roadmap. Thus, it is maybe perceived as a lesser risk compared to typical 3rd-parties.

2 Likes

Hi @Chetan_Nahata

Please be assured that the team is not only constantly working on new ideas but also evaluating every feedback and making the final decision only after carefully considering all the pros and cons of any proposal.

We’ve implemented many of the ideas as well. But, I agree with one thing, we could definitely get better at communicating the changes and new implementations. Thanks for this feedback.

Here are some product updates we have in the pipeline:

• Realtime Nudges: Set alerts, trigger orders, or even enable Kill Switch based on rules on live P&L.
  • Nudge Assist: A system that analyzes trades and provides actionable insights when deviations from the rules set for your trading discipline occur.
  • Alert triggers basket: Execute a basket of orders when an alert triggers.
  • Trade from Option Chain: A new OI-based order execution experience for active traders.
  • Lumpsum equity SIPs: Equity SIPs that auto-adjust based on lumpsum amounts instead of pre-set quantities.
  • Re-imagined marketwatch: A fully re-imagined experience for organising and managing watchlists on our trading platforms.
  • New portfolio visualisations and analytics on Console.
  • Instant fund withdrawals

While some of them are already live like Instant fund withdrawals, and some features in Re-imagined Marketwatch, you will see the other updates in the coming weeks and months.

You can track all the updates here (you will note new announcements are coming up almost every week and the same shall continue going forward)

3 Likes

i have a doubt .
in the above message siad that we already implemented re imagined market watch .but there is no change in the market watch from few months …
could you please explain this.

1 Like

About this. Here’s a pet-peeve of mine… :sweat_smile:

To me, the typical sign-off of “Will keep you posted
makes me expect a post on the topic-thread in a couple of days or a week.
(typical turnaround time of discussions in this forum)

…a post in the topic-thread…

• either accepting the proposal and

• sharing an ETA/roadmap
      or
    • explicitly confirming the absence of any committed deadlines.

or

• providing some justification why the proposal did NOT fit into the bigger picture.

• basically continuing the discussion,
      enabling the OP or other individuals to provide additional clarifications / feedback.

However, based on the (lack of) subsequent unprompted follow-up in the topic-thread
the “Will keep you posted” response reads more along the lines of -

If this feedback/proposal affects a significant user-base,
and fits into the bigger-picture for the product,
you can hear an announcement introducing the proposal or some tweaked form of it,
over the next few months through typical channels.
End of thread. K.THX.BYE.”

There are tons of such “zombie threads” in this forum,
where individuals with similar needs as the original feedback in the topic-thread,
post after a week/month/year or two asking -

"Is this feedback still being pursued? When can we see the results? "

2 Likes