Is Zerodha planning any upgrade to their desktop trading platform, Pi, behind the scenes?

For that one can use B to buy and S to sell. Can check below for more shortcuts.

Boss - isn’t that for single chart layout? The conversation we are having is about multi-chart layout

Kindly help

That’s what I told above, currently on chartiq multi setup we don’t have it, said that we are also working on trading from charts and in next version update we will have shortcut option on multi chart framework also.

@siva superb boss - look forward to the next version

Also apologies for getting stuck like an old gramaphone record

@siva you seem to be biased upon kite and remember a person trading with 50 lakhs in his account will give 0 shit towards kite i.e. web based platform. so focus on what customer says don’t force your own opinion please. and lastly think twice big millioner traders do they use web based platform??? i dont think so dude. in america most of them use think or swim platform make something like that and here you all are stuck on kite lol and mobile app

hai @nithin sir and @siva

kindly please Bring two best and needed feature for us thats enough for the time now its most usefull for us please considered

1. Trading from CHART
  2. Combined Ledger for EQUITY and COMMODITY
2 Likes

This is almost done, doing internal testing.

On our top list of things to do but it involves lot of changes to front-end to back-end systems, processes, reporting etc so will take time.

3 Likes

@Siva anything on cloud save?

Not as of now, will check on the possibility.

i felt quick order without confirmation in Pi would be helpful for scalpers of few seconds. with experience even retailers can do HFT, (give or take!). it won’t be available in web i guess

@siva Any update about when this will be released boss?

Working on this, few more weeks it will take.

Backtest (for free)

Hi @nithin @siva

Pi or desktop platforms have their own followers. Maybe you can consider about it someday.

While you may want people to migrate to web based applications, but desktop has its own benefits.
All points have been covered above very well on why desktop over web.

I was the one who moved from web to desktop and now in search of further better desktop platorms.

You had plans for desktop trading platform (international tie-up), which seems you have discontinued from the discussion above.

There seems to be a rigidness for web based platform from your discussion above.Kite is awesome no doubts about it. I choose zerodha coz of its user friendly Kite platform only. However, now moving towards desktop. There would definitely be something in desktop which lacks in web.

Hope you can consider about desktop platforms.
Cheers!

2 Likes

Can check this thread, also we are not considering desktop platforms for now. Don’t want to prolong on this subject, please.

NEST is the best so far…

To be precise, Nest or pi are obstacles in Zerodha’s revenue generation model. It hampers Value added services like KiteConnect, Sentinel, Streak, Coin etc by data linking services which are web based services only, and desktop models excel linking and other add-ons are a big block. Thats why after so much of Kite’s flaws, they are so adamant on pushing Kite web. They are saying Nest had 100-200 clients only but i can see atleast 70-80 clients are in QnA itself, leave aside among other million clients. Its pure arrogance only, nothing else. That will lead to NOKIA way only.

5 Likes

And what’s even more good, if we tell them this or that is available in the US, they get angry and will blast at you saying, why do you people keep comparing to US all day? I’d rather ask them to have to learn from E*Trade or ThinkorSwim desktop softwares available in the US but then they will blast at me. And if I tell them to learn from Indian brokers, they’ll dismiss it saying they’re the best. They are arrogant AF.

Last day even Jhunjhunwala said a funny thing about Zerodha.

3 Likes

+1 here Make it 71-81… I have never used NEST, have been using NSE NOW for few second trades and PI for few minute trades. Concerned that PI of late has been going slow and slow, guess it will continue on that path till user count comes to <100 ! Is Zerodha still offering NSE NOW ?

What was that