Is Zerodha planning any upgrade to their desktop trading platform, Pi, behind the scenes?

Pivots are available on pi now, goto help menu and check for updates and update new patch. Also din’t get what you mean by “candles are showing big during live hours”. We will definitely try to fix if there is any issue, appreciate if you can write to me @tsiva@zerodha.com with more details, if required I can call you and take more feedback during market hours.

1 Like

[quote=“siva, post:27, topic:57120”]
Also din’t get what you mean by “candles are showing big during live hours”.
[/quote]

Thanks @siva, the pivots have been fixed.

I have attached images of what i meant by “big candles” during live market. Interestingly, if the charts are opened before 9:15, the candles are compact and concise. But after 9:15 am, it is so apart and gigantic per candle.

You have selected for 1 day, so obviously it will load today’s candles only and they have to fit entire screen, try giving 10 days or more.

1 Like

works pretty well. Can’t thank you enough for my ignorance. :smile:

Had raised this earlier with you, Siva. Candles are formed in pre-open session. If Nifty gives huge movement in pre-open, big candle is formed. We need to either reopen or change chart time.
Anyway, lot of issues were pointed out but just Pivot lines were fixed. I’m done telling you guys about it, looks like Pi is least concern for you guys.
Third party software and it takes time is what we hear from you.

@siva
In india sharekhan Tradetiger desktop software is No 1 according to various trader, In india largest broker zerodha doesint have like that why , zerodha can bring some awesome desktop trading platform for active trader , if anyplan, updation needed from time to time for all products in one company

3 Likes

Would love to see, .exe kite @siva

Any updates on this @nithin sir?

Yes, it used to be. Now exe is loosing it’s sheen to be frank it lost it. Earlier due to the limitations of technology all complex features are used to be embedded in exe only but now anything is possible on web and more companies are working with mobile first approach.
Not only with us but across the globe 95% of retail orders are from either web or app. Exe is used by algo traders. You can let me know one good reason to have exe for retail traders.

How it will be different to kite web?

@siva I’m not completely sure but Maybe that can help in few points like,

1. We can try storing more chart layouts and similar stuff locally on our system if we have a separate desktop application. So the limit will be from our system storage rather than from zerodha. We need not have limitations like it has now that only 10 layouts can be stored.

2. Also, we use browsers for lot of other stuff too than just kite. Those other stuff also builds caches and takes up storage slowing down browsers. And if we clear browser data, then all kite layouts are gone too.
    Maybe this can be avoided by having a separate desktop application for Kite.

3. And not much of performance wise but just from a usability perspective too. To just have a separate application for trading can help keep browsing tasks and trading tasks separately.

3 Likes

Yoy seem to be preoccupied with Kite fascination and dont want to listen anything out of the box. Spend some time with EXEs and then only u can find the edge. many many traders have made similar request but ur only answer to them is Kite is good kite is very good kite is excellent blah blah blah. But factually, this web app is not very much appreciated as of now in its present package. Its a complete incomplete forced package on traders. Nothing else. Let it u like or not like.

3 Likes

We off course listen to our clients but can you let me know few valid reasons why exe is better than web for trading?

hai @siva, Web kite platform is good i accepted, we cannot get any information in kite is just simple best trading platform ,
Kite Disadvantage,
1- i cannot get access market news , which scrip is in high and low in index i cannot get any information in kite , i cannot scan or find a stock in kite itself, i cannot trade in chart itself, flash news on any particular stock i cannot get , i cannot scan any volume profile stock here , i cannot get heat map , i cannot get any caution upcoming event in market …ETC

Kite Advantage- simple we can trade , if you know about trading ,
but for newbies how new people can trade without any information about market ,
siva you told world is moving to mobile app, i completely disagree about world is moving to mobile app,
in mobile app you cannot do perfect trading , it can be usefull for monitoring the position not for serious trader ,
mobile app its like a video game , when you are out of system we can monitor our trade in moile app thats all . you cannot compare mobile app and EXE . its totally different ,
Amritrade , Tasty trade are providing professional desktop platform most of the USA people are trading on EXE
EXE means high speed and instant data

See this video of sharekhan they are upgrading continusely

I seen its big Disadvantage for zerodha is not making awesome desktop platform , zerodha is lagging in this main stream of business as platform ,
sharekhan , motilal are proving they are standard and professional in trading business in the market implementing a best platform in the industry

Those who are taken trading as a serious business they choose only EXE , zerodha forcing to trade in webplatform ,
sharekhan own platform - TRADE TIGER
Motilal oswal _ MO trdaer
Zerodha- third party software its really bad for zerodha

1 Like

This has nothing to do with desktop or web based, these are just features, can be added on kite itself. Few of the mentioned are in our list of things to do. Question is why exe is required?

3 Likes

@siva

ok, you are saying these are the just features , why you did in add these features for last 10 years , answer me

All these features means A to Z features for traders need i can see in EXE platform only in reputed broker , i believe these all featurs i can expect in EXE only , one more thing is ultra speed , in today itself your kite is lagging in middle of the time like 12 O’clock , if you can implement all these features in kite itself its a big doubt for us , if its happening then ok

EXE main benefit is , we can bring all features in ALL in 1 platform , now zerodha is seperated every thing like sentintal, tickertape, sensibull , streak etc , its realy difficult for us to reach each website every time.

one suggestion- bring all the features in one platform we can subscribe that EXE platform thats easy for you and for us also , I hear from sharekhan broker they are also coming with flat brokergae system very soon , then definitely people will see full fledged platform for flat brokerage then the choice is sharekhan not zerodha

2 Likes

1- Why u want us to swap through tab to tab to look for various charts every time?
2- Why there is no facility to add all futures contracts in Market watch in single click.
3- Why there is no facility to add all equity scrips in Market watch in single click and at single place.
4- Do kite have any scanner like feature anyway??? Dont say Streak, sensibull and all repeated stuff. Why one should go through seperate webs and tabs?
5- SImplest of the feature Dark Mode is requested for years, and ur technology savvy Tech Team is still finding excuses and bluff. Why Dark Mode ??? Just sit for hours in front of ur brite kite and enjoy ur eye bubbling.
6- Why every time we have to check every scrip for OHLC, Depth, and all that stuff one by one ??
7- What individual customisation u offer in Kite ??

These are just basics, leave other things aside that u are unable to understand and i have serious doubt u will ever. These are just a few apart from speed and speciality. Just go through MT4/5, TT, Ninja, Amibroker and get some idea atleast.

5-

5 Likes

Britania is maintaining Milkbikes over the decade ,
HUL is maintaining Fair and lovely over the decade
Big brands are maintaing are upgrading the old products over the decade because , some portion of the customer like that brands. for that reason , big branded company will try to give satisfication all aroud the company products to all consumers and they are maintaining and upgrading the same things for customer satisfication only

1 Like

@Alex_R , you well asked , i also asked before dark mode they reply NO what a big coding required i dont know , because ZERODHA is very slow adding some thing , zerodha is not finishing completely , see now mutual fund pledging , they stopped upto only in liquid fund ,in liquid fund category moneymarket fund they are not allowing to pledge , exchange is giving margin what the problem for zerodha i dont know , and all debt fund are remaining ,

Zerodha is working is very very very slow , i never seen any meaningful update happen in kite @siva

@siva, @nithin, please hire some employess from sharekhan if you want to be your business long last , for best platform

1 Like

@Riyas_Ahamed
One word for all things, the day old guns re-assemble and compete, Jio will be biggest looser. Customers will be happy enjoying old networks. Same way, let Zerodha enjoy its green summer. If u stop listening what is required to stay in arena, take example of Nokia.

2 Likes