Is zerodha willing do enter into Unlisted EQ. Shares broking business?

Zerodha since last decade has been providing exemplary service by revolutionary broking rates,

Is zerodha thinking offering grey market services dealing in Unlisted or delisted securities by putting up subsidary or something which kay deem fit to the organisation.

The market is scattered and unorganised, entry of a big player with good connects and inhouse clearing system can be a leverage over other small firms. Most common thing which is seen in this market is liquidity and trust. I am wishing to see zerodha coming into this space and change the current scenario!
@zerodha
@nithin

Why do you think more folks whould invest/trade in such securities? :thinking:

It has huge potential with extraordinary profit stories, if you choose correct share to invest in, then even after 6 month of lockin you can generate good profits, or you can even trade during ipo frenzy, I would love doing it but end what I can say to other people that secutities market are subject to market risk , do it when you have ample money

Hi @varad_mulye, we don’t offer because the regulations aren’t clear on unlisted and private security offerings. Nithin had shared this a while back👇

https://x.com/nithin0dha/status/1451808524254728193?s=46

1 Like

Ohh I see , but isn’t this SEBI notification for Registered Investment Advisors? There are multiple players out in market and doing it legally , I don’t know whether the stock broker registration with SEBI is stopping you or create a dilemma for this backward integration,

I suggest you to look for the opportunity and grill upon SEBI regulations, even we can collaborate on this I would love to do it( not demanding for a job :laughing:)

I believe that entry of the biggest broker into this unregulated market would tame the rest and create a healthy and sustainable competition.

But I do fear that existing legal structure of Zerodha Ltd would offer this type of service.
You guys may require to incorporate a new company under promoter tag of kamath brothers (if you wish to engage into this type of dealing)