Kite 3.0 - beta!

Number would be busy, validation pending are cancelled, you can ignore put order request.

1 Like

I had entered a SL-M order. It is showing trigger pending and not able to cancel. Not sure if the order has been executed or still pending, will it execute later on. Margin blocked on this order

Trigger pending is normal status for any stop loss Once it is triggered it will be released.

1 Like

So do i ignore this order and assume it has been cancelled. Margin for this order is blocked

what is wrong with zerodha , i was not able to exit when i wanted now i am in loss all because of you

now my sl got triggered, :confounded:

Still not able to cancel the order entered at 9:50 am. It is still showing up as trigger pending. Your phones lines are not reachable. @siva

Can u write to me with ID and position @tsiva@zerodha.com, also mention what we should do with that position.

I have sent u an email @tsiva@zerodha.com along with the details.

Still not resolved @siva

Replied you.

1 Like

Not received any email from you.

@siva @nithin i dindt even placed any order, i just left market when my sl got triggered earlier, wtf is happenig!
and there is no pending order winow. how will i exit thisā€¦
its so frustratingā€¦i didnt even placed the order,than how

Whats happening @siva you said u replied but i have still not received any reply on my email.

manā€¦i didnt placed any order HOW am i in this position , & theres also no option to exit.!
where did this automatic order came from. PLEASE ANSWERā€¦

Order was pending since 9:50 am, just got executed now. Was lucky to have been there and exited quickly. Donā€™t know how many traders were not as lucky as me and have had serious losses. How can someone trade confidently with zerodha when we donā€™t know when such a thing is going to happen again. This has happened so many times before. You guys have fallen from grace.

Well brother, no serious trader or investor should be using such system as ā€˜stand aloneā€™ (unless bare necessity which I would counter argue why) e.g. Zerodha in this case. The damages for a trader can be far reaching than saving few paisa from brokerage. In fact few days before there was a bloop in system. In 30 minutes conversation with a technician from zerodha (privilege to have this as it was escalated to the founder) he promptly put the blame on ISP (internet service provider). Beyond a point there is no logic to illogical arguments. Itā€™s better we take accountability and find our own safe zone than blaming these guys. However I completely agree, we were all excited when a discount broker offered us cost arbitrage against others. But this was not at the cost of poor services, lack of accountability or even brazenness in defending! In fact Zerodha has yet to own up for their errors, its like the traders who is been refusing to accept losses. I have received 4 mails from today from people (mostly employee) who lost money due to glitch. Its unfortunate and saddening but we must apply better sense and protect ourselves i.e. having a stable system (doesnt matter anyone who provides) even at cost of some money charged to us.

But let us make no mistake, no castle has been built and survived for long with bloods of innocent in hand. Itā€™s all question of time how does one amend i.e. by being more proactive and taking up ownership or becomes a history (once upon a time there was a broker!)

1 Like

Can check this.

There are multiple flashes of dodging and indifferent approach in this communication.

There is no way to predict or control how an order placed at the exchange is filled. It is a function of market liquidity. Refinitiv is working on a fix to the OMS to handle cases like this. Until then, we are limiting the maximum allowed quantity per order for equity trades to 20,000. If a client has to enter or exit larger quantities, it would have to be done in multiple orders of 20,000 quantity. We will soon launch basket orders on Kite to ensure it is not inconvenient to create multiple orders of 20,000 for a particular stock. This limit affects less than 0.02% of our clients.

Please do check the communication by JPM /others during 9/11 to employees and customers. The last thing a service provider does is use such words. I can understand you are expressing inability about risk which couldnā€™t have treated by you. Then two things a. these information can not be validated independently by anyone who is reading (itā€™s only a competent third party can justify your statements). b. you didnā€™t bother a iota even to find out losses (forget to even express!) suffered by people.

Once again, we are extremely sorry about this. There are unforeseen edge cases and rare conditions like this that can affect any technology business. I have had many of our clients writing to me asking to increase the brokerage costs to ensure technical issues do not happen. I want to reassure you that technology and quality of our products are something that we never compromise on. Our low brokerage has no bearing on the quality of our technology, which every day, scales to serve millions of our clients place millions of trades.

Is Zerodha first brokerage service firm which comes from Mars and landed into mother earth? No there is another hundred players in India (may be multiple thousands globally). It may be a rare condition to you, for customers itā€™s a disruption (any classification doesnā€™t change end result). And these disruptions are not rare but frequent. This is how benchmark is done across the service provider.

People are ready to pay not to uplift your technology (thatā€™s your look out) but to protect their damage which is far higher than brokerages.

Only time will tell what does happen from here onward, nothing more or nothing less!

1 Like

Agree with Suvi here. Customers can lose crores of rupees with even a small failure from brokerā€™s end. And itā€™s not the first time it has happened with Zerodha. In 2018 Kite used to regularly freeze at market opening and many people lost lots of money as they could not exit overnight positions.

Rather than chest thumping on becoming the broker with the largest customer base, you should focus on becoming the broker with minimum flaws. Right now, Zerodha is right at the bottom of that list. Many customers (like me) have already switched to other brokers. I donā€™t mind shelling out a few extra bucks per day as long as the system is reliable.