Kite app login bug

We’re working on fixing this asap, @VRV

Once done, will take appropriate measures. We will share an update on this.

This issue was resolved.

@Pai What causes this issue? can you please explain why this happened as well? Root cause still not identified or not rectified? Instead of just saying everything is alright Please explain it so we will also know what effort you have taken to avoid the situation so that in the future we can avoid reading the great rise and fall of Zerodha India’s No. 1 broker firm etc etc…

1 Like

Also There were multiple issues in NOV , can you publish Root cause analysis and what is done to avoid things in future?

Hope its not what’s written below!!

Apparently, it was predicted before market starts , LOL

5 Likes

We shared a detailed note here -

1 Like

We had also shared this note on the a while ago.

Hi thank you, but I think as you have said in the answer that your investigation is ongoing so will wait for the exact reason for the malfunction. Some doubts are there, just curious to know.

1. Only people who were not logging in frequently faced issues or did other people also face the issue?

2. During our investigation, we discovered that there were an unusual number of password reset requests being generated which was causing login issues.

Whether the user request this or was the system malfunctioned and an auto request for resets sent?

1. Does this have any connection with election result volatility?

Issues in Nov:

1. Orders and Position page not loading , some orders were rejected as well not going through . It was Monday i remember and it happend two diffrent occasion back to back

2. Adapter issue in BFO

Any RCA on that?

I am also puzzled, because one a/c had all the issues and in another one it worked fine from open.

1 Like

Hi @Chirag1

Our tech infrastructure is designed in such a way that in case of any issue, it doesn’t affect every user. Thereby mitigating the risk to a large extent

1 Like

Woah I thought every users accounts are on different mirrors to mitigate the risks. Never knew it was for chosen ones or random ones. Hope I on a relatively safe server

Hi @AlgoEye

Here’s the RCA for November 6th related issue

+1 … Kite android update was horrendus last night . Logged me out automatically and then enforced 2FA to access it back. In addition back n forth failures of 503 page unavailable errors.

1 Like

@Meher_Smaran the issue is not from 6th Nov, as we interacted in the other thread the issue persists today and I don’t think its linked to exchange. although an update on the same would be very kind.

We have made some changes in the way our app starts up. Now, we fetch data in the background while you’re on the login screen. This means we directly take you to the bioauth page, and most users won’t see the loading symbol on their screen. Only if the data hasn’t fully loaded while you’re doing the bioauth user will see this loading symbol. We made this change to make the app faster and give you a better experience.

Time to Up your game Zerodha, you are losing all the goodwill you earned over the years.

2 Likes

The note says:

During investigation, we noticed that the issue affected users on Kite web and people who hadn’t logged into Kite mobile app in the past month. Users who had logged into the Kite mobile app faced no issues with login or order placement.

This is plainly wrong. I log in to the Kite mobile app (and web app) on most trading days, and still faced this issue on Dec 4. It was also clear from the many tweets about this issue that it was the regular users who were being affected.

Your investigators were lax in their job, if they turned up with this patently false (and easily falsifiable) finding.

8 Likes

I also log into both Kite web and app regularly. On that morning, I logged into the Kite app before 9:15 am but still encountered issues in both app and web.

I was logged in constantly over last week :rofl:

so far a lot of bullcrap in these updates

2 Likes

Continued failure in login. This issue has never been resolved. Disappointed with Zerodha.

1 Like