Kite Features keyboard shortcut

Once the GTT order is triggered, a limit order is placed, which will execute at the price you’ve specified or a better price, until then the order will remain pending. If the price comes back to the limit price the order will get executed.

You can cancel the pending order from the “Orders” section.

Also, for better execution, you can keep some difference between the trigger and limit price. So once the GTT is triggered, the limit order will execute at the best available price in the market. Explained in detail here:

1 Like

order was not visible in order section because it was rejected , hence the confusion. Thank you.

Hi @ShubhS9 @nithin ,

The new KITE mobile application update feedback.

-In BASKET order, Earlier i could rearrange the strikes and delete the strikes by long pressing on the strikes present in the basket , Now after the update i have to click on edit option and then do the changes , This becomes tedious especially when you have to take care of the margin. Please check

Hi @suri,

Checking on this

Please do the changes as soon as possible.

@ShubhS9 @Arockiya_Raja New kite feature of virtual contract note is awesome

3 Likes

Can you give the basket option before the GTT in mobile and desktop app. As a trader it is basket order which is used more than GTT @Arockiya_Raja

Both the Basket and GTT features are readily accessible with just a single click on the Kite web and app. I’m skeptical that altering their positions would make any significant impact.

It does , as we read from left to right . Most used segments are open positions , executed order and then next best for traders in Basket.

Especially if you have a compact display smart phone.

I want to know if there is any shortcut to directly open order box on pop out charts. In chart iq when B or S is pressed the limit order (drag version) gets in, where as in TV it doesn’t work.

The TV chart does not include a trade from chart. The trade from chart will be added to TV in the near future.

I did not mean trade from chart, just the normal order dialog box. When shortcut key is pressed to access it quickly, in Tv charts on typing (B or S) it doesn’t work, have to access it by clicking on left top corner (by opening side panel).
Whereas in Chart iq the drag orders are accessed. I searched over internet even Ctrl+Shift+Z does not open the side panel. Please resolve it.

Hi, @Arockiya_Raja

Intraday trades are not showing up as a separate column like before. “Days history”

It has not been removed. If it appears collapsed, you can expand it to view its contents.

1 Like

Any update on this? @nithin @Arockiya_Raja
I think it is very simple to incorporate shortcuts for order cancellation and modification.

1. Pressing “O” gets you to the orderbook.
  2. By default the arrow keys work on the watchlist.
  3. Feature Request - Press “TAB” to switch selection from watchlist items to open orders. Arrow keys will navigate the open orders.
  4. Press “C” to CANCEL and “M” to MODIFY …. [NO added steps for confirmation “Do you want to cancel?” and all. Directly cancel/modify the order]

This should eliminate the use of mouse all together from kite. Much quicker for execution!

Is it possible to add modify and cancel icon (like M and C button ) just below the open status for the desktop version of kite

This is on our to-do list. The number of clicks will be reduced.

Thank you for your feedback. We will review and check its feasibility.

@Arockiya_Raja @ShubhS9 @nithin

I see in the order tab you can choose number of lot or number quantity option. Can we have the same option after in the position as well, because its confusing to enter in the number of lot and see the position in number of quantity.

1 Like

PNL is calculated based on quantity in the position, so displaying it in lots, I believe, would make interpreting the PNL more difficult. If the user selects lots and then clicks the exit from position button, the number of lots will be autofilled; the quantity will not be filled in.

1 Like

Got it, but if a trader is entering via number of lots he certainly knows the lot size.

Cutting the percentage position by number of lots is easier as compared to cutting the position by quantity as he has to multiplying the quantity and number of lots.

Also if you can give the option to choose lot or quantity while entering, i believe you can also provide the same for exiting as well.

Noting this, we will look into the possibilities.

1 Like