Kite login with registered mobile number and improved ETF search

Kite login using your registered mobile number

We have simplified the login process on Kite. You can now log in to your account using your registered mobile number or User ID. This eliminates the need to remember your User ID, and you can log in using just your mobile number, password, and two-factor authentication (2FA).

Note: This feature is currently available on the Kite web and will be available on the Kite mobile app in the upcoming update.

Easy discovery of ETFs

Most of the exchange-traded funds (ETFs) listed on the exchanges have tricky nomenclature which makes searching them quite hard. We have enhanced the Marketwatch search on Kite for easy discovery of ETFs.

In the dropdown menu, you’ll first see ETFs by Zerodha AMC, followed by other ETFs with higher Assets Under Management (AUM). For other ETFs, you can easily search by keyword to add them to your Marketwatch.

Currently, the ETF search only displays ETFs listed on the NSE. If you want to add ETFs listed on the BSE, you can do so through a regular search.

ETF3-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter

Note: This feature is currently available on Kite Web and will be available on the Kite app soon.

8 Likes

Nice update @ShubhS9 !

I also noticed the privacy mode, which hides details like Funds, Holdings average cost, quantity, PnL, etc. :smiley:

2 Likes

Privacy mode is nice! I hope it is added to Coin as well.

1 Like

Great addition! Looking forward to it coming to mobile

1 Like

Where is this? On web? Are you a beta tester?

1 Like

Yes, it is available on Kite Web. You can find it by clicking on your profile.

1 Like

@ShubhS9 just some feedback for privacy mode

Does not make sense to hide day change since it is public info.

And for me, it does not make sense to hide avg buy price and total profit % since size of portfolio/investment into a stock is not revealed by showing the same.

Hiding Qt, P&L and current value definitely makes sense.

2 Likes

Zerodha is indirectly asking, focus on process and entry/exits. Baki sab moh maya he. :wink:

1 Like

ah yes, no need to hide this on the holding page. Noted.

I understand your perspective. but if someone has achieved a 15X profit or experienced a 90%+ loss, revealing the average purchase price or PNL percentage could indeed be uncomfortable. It feels like this does not fully meet the intended purpose of privacy mode.

True. But maybe consider a usecase of opening the app and showing your portfolio to friends.

In those cases, showing avg buy price and profit/loss % are a great feature. These show success/failure without showing the investment amount/current value.

Like I cannot understand the use case of hiding everything because then you’ll have to unhide it to understand anything and reveal your whole portfolio size.

Maybe you can keep a poll to atleast see what people want to hide in privacy mode. All the values or just the stuff that reveals the size of the position/holdings

2 Likes

I understand the concerns regarding privacy mode and displaying script-wise P&L percentages. However, displaying only the P&L percentages can sometimes provide a misleading picture. For instance, a small investment (e.g.,1,000) could show a 15,000% return, while a larger investment (e.g.,1L) might show a 95% loss. This could create a false impression of overall profitability when in reality, the person might be experiencing significant losses.

Noticed privacy feature requests from clients using Kite in public spaces, such as offices, in front of relatives. While P&L percentages won’t be displayed, we do offer a heat map below the holdings page that displays script-wise P&L information on hovering, which might partially address your needs.

Your feedback has been noted, and if we receive a considerable amount of similar feedback, we will consider reevaluating this.

1 Like

hello @Arockiya_Raja
I would also like to see the percentage P&L in Privacy mode. It will help me focus on following my trading system without getting distracted by the rupee P&L values.

Alternatively, you could provide an option in Positions and Holdings tabs to hide only the rupee P&L. That would also serve my purpose :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I feel like this is already solved by verified P&L. False statistics

WHY I feel it make sense to hide Percentage. Its misleading l. Especially when u are a short term trader.( Less than Year).
Lets say my first buy avg price was 100 (50%).
Second buy avg was 120. (Balance 50%).

Now the price has gone to 110. It will show zero % as P&L and in INR.

LETS SAY I SELL 50% NOW.

The first biy tranche will get out of account and it will show 10 Rs loss per share.
But already u booked profit for your first tranche.

So , I feel its misleading. For very long term investors it make sense. But I expect them not checking portfolio daily. So , it doesn’t matter.
Privacy mode is for people having anxiety issue with M2M loss or profits.

Privacy Mode is primarily designed to conceal sensitive data in specific scenarios to protect your information from others. Displaying percentage P&L appears to be a different requirement focusing on trading efficiency rather than privacy. We appreciate your suggestion and will consider it for future updates.

1 Like

I really appreciate the privacy mode feature and its purpose.

Not only will it enhance trading efficiency, but it will also benefit traders when they want to demonstrate their trading strategies to friends or family members. They can showcase the average buy price and percentage P&L to illustrate their trades while keeping the quantity and rupee P&L hidden for privacy reasons.
This will be a helpful feature.

1 Like