Kite mobile vs desktop

For now, please add any new scrip to the basket and then refresh the kite. The expired contract will be removed.

This will be solved soon.

1 Like

Hi,

Every time i click the sell or buy button, order window opens and the position of the window is at the center , but i need it to be in the same position where i placed the window last time.

Use case: I usually check the margin required and funds available and then punch the order, But the order window keeps blocking my view.

Remembering custom positions is not straightforward. Noted, will check for the possibilities in the future.

1 Like

@nithin can you share some data about how many traders use kite mobile vs desktop web ?

Over 80% are on mobile. @MohammedFaisal am I correct?

Around 15 days before asked for something reolated to Kite app.

after this 2 updates are pushed to Kite andriod app, but can’t seem any progress on it.

@nithin any update on it?

Thanks

that’s very surprising if it is pertaining to “active traders” but i would assume that an X% would not have multi monitor or multi PC setup and use the mobile app for order punching.

This would be very hard to swallow :smiley: which then implies many things like trading groups/tips etc but very hard to believe standalone individual trader operating through this much.

And 100% would be of mobile + web right? so how much is API then?

In terms of orders placed, around 80% is mobile.
Mobile app-wise, almost every customer must have installed the app.
Orders through APIs are around 1%, which is a tiny portion of the business.

Working on this will take a few more weeks.

Surprised. I thought algos run atleast 30-40% of trades in India. I suppose algo traders don’t use Zerodha.

Z charges 24k +gst per account yearly, might be the reason

2 Likes

I know. Agree. I pay :wink:

1 Like

I think its 2k per month inclusive of taxes. Does not include historical data too.
It is a bit of a deterrent for small accounts ( also the brokerage which is very high for small orders ).

In return , Z is quite stable.

Free broker APIs I have used are quite stable. I wouldn’t pay Rs.24000 + gst to buy the subscription service of a product that doesn’t offer any premium quality over the free variety.

1 Like

Yes. And it shows. 1% api trades has to be by far the lowest for top 10 brokers.

1 Like

From my limited experience of few brokers, and from what i have heard, only IB is as stable but they have other limitations.
Dhan i have not used, and i rather not keep significant money with small brokers. Maybe once they have grown and have proven stability at scale + are well capitalized.

But yeah, if capital is low or someone is testing the waters, Z is not very suitable due to high costs. Esp irritating as i also want to start trading on parent’s account with small money first. Other than that i am happy with Z for my own trading. Can lose far more due to platform issues + Z has very good coverage for pledging MFs + they give leverage for good list of stocks. Works for me.

The reason may be that cost charged for the API is a bit higher side where as almost every broker has their API without any charges. If API business is so tiny or meagre, you may consider it as free for all @nithin

1 Like

You know they are, low cost tech business!

Generally, these startups have money to put in fire to get customers!

But zerodha is a bootstrapped business. So, it always thinks for long term & sustainability!

It will be their merit when overall economy is down!(while economy is red, angels generally don’t invest! Startups can’t continue to put money in fire! Markets & pnl will be on red! So, zerodha always keeps sustainability “on point”)

That’s how they are here!
Even upstox is sinking with money!

Many others, who have competed with zerodha from 2011 are gone!
Many of those made things cheaper than this!

But quality & sustainability is important !

That’s why zerodha is why zerodha!
Not just discount brokerage, " quality & sustainability is important!"

And you know if things go wrong zerodha can just change in a quick day! (Example : mf AMC Saga)

But for startups, you need to conduct board meetings, inform investors, then change something!

If things become sustainable, I am sure zerodha would do that & join that bandwagon!

Don’t expect zero brokerage & free stuffs from zerodha!

Expect reliability, quality, convenience, long term,low cost (having all stuff under one console)

You know, having several issues with platform for having free is not good! Eventually that issues will eat your money!

These are byfar best in qualitative aspects to a customer!

Now or after eventually, a customer learns this & join what suits this which is now(zerodha) may be others in future! :man_shrugging:t2:

At the end of the day, anything is possible!
May be someone may provide sustainability,relaibility etc…, (Even maybe with angel money)

Seems dhan is taking strides (I hope they will in top 3 soon)

So, just dont ask for free stuffs, and tagging ceo for that! That’s just waste of time! (Atleast don’t tag ceo)

If you have a solution for giving free api sustainably! That’s a banger then tag that would be meaningful!

Hey! I just ran my mind with this response!
If anything offence someone sorry! (Seems this is so much long :sweat_smile: )

If you read fully, here’s a :heart::crossed_fingers:t2: for you!

1 Like

Our charging for the APIs is for a reason; we don’t think APIs should be a mass-market product. In a way, the pricing ensures only serious folks use it. The risk of APIs becoming popular is that if a bunch of customers unaware of using APIs end up using them and then lose money, the entire API business of all brokers and, in turn, traders might come to an abrupt end.

Otherwise, it makes absolute no business sense for us to charge for APIs. We potentially can earn a lot more in brokerage than what we earn from charging a monthly fees.

I had written on this topic sometime back.

2 Likes

Thos who want to lose money will do so from the cheaper front end platforms. Besides as you have noted even without the APIs, hacks are possible to automate using current front end platforms. So exorbitant pricing of APIs doesn’t help the retail customer in any way.

Automation helps to save time, preserve health and can aid in bringing discipline and consistency in a strategy execution. A commercial platform offering auto trading platforms could be regulated. But barriers shouldn’t be put on individual consumption and use of APIs via RMS of the broker. There is no extra risk here to the system or individual user relative to trading from the front end trading platforms.

3 Likes