Kotak Securities cheating?

I have been using trade free plan of Kotak Securities, without ever looking at the statements and charges put against the account , even was fool that I recommeded the same to a few people , now I see all these misc charges and what not , even more than that , there’s confirmation delay on each order , and the biggest problem or confusion I am having is why there is discrepancy in my trading order placed and the actual order , like on the front of the page it shows such and such order placed and filled successfully as you placed with limit and when clicking to looking to the tab of further complete details the picture is way differnet. I never thought to recheck and aunthencitate these contract notes and statements, thought it was computer generated hwo can there be any error , was it being naive should we have our own record to match the tally ? I think they are fooling customers. Please enlighten on this issue.

update: It was an issue with how the prices are displayed with charges added to it , but their ledger could be more user friendly , it’s all over the place with so many products they have, one thing is definitely an issue is time delay for confirmation from exchange often .

I use Kotak Securities sparingly, but plan to use them much more in the coming months.
Could you specifically mention your concerns please?

@viswaram Have you faced any issue with KS ?

No issues in ledger/contract notes or bills so far.

Their free brokerage plan is really good, it saves lot of charges every day

I think what @Jeevan_Chukya is trying to say is about the difference in traded price & the price displayed next day. IMO its completely normal.

All traditional brokers add the charges + brokerage to the traded price, so when the position is taken overnight there will be a difference in the Avg. Cost.

New Gen brokers keep the charges separate in the ledger !

1 Like